1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

vocal white dynamic pk

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by karan desai, Oct 20, 2010.

1. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Sorry for not looking at the reply earlier.

I have defo read all the intense debates over the Fire engine. To be honest, what ive seen is people have made it even bigger issues than it was (if there was any). Not only Fiat bashers, Sorry to say, even some of our own members who owns one, have contibuted towards it. Issues og lags and things like those, they have been blown out of proportion by people who dont even know what lag is.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Kindly share the pics and cost of getting lining done.
    Whats the part number and how long does it took to get done.

Did you noticed any difference? Although engine doesnt make much of sound at first place.
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Hey Viny. Its the same one that is present in the Jet, both at the Bonnet and also at the boot. You can get it aftermarket as well.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Yes. Karan. Pls share pics of the lining/ part number / cost etc
  5. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Re: Re: vocal white dynamic pk

Firstly, there are no normal lineas :D
    There are fires, mjds and tjets.

I think its just like people say.. The people who bash Fiat have never driven a Fiat. The FIRE engine has a lot going for it. My Linea does 0 to 100 in 13.3 sec. These are figures with just 2 runs.. Iam sure it will be well under 13 seconds in best conditions and proper runs.
    I think the adjectives for the fire engine better come from an independent source as i am of course biased towards my baby. There should be a report soon.

I have done mods for enhanced performance but the performance before the mods were not to complain about. Its just too much hype to the term "underpowered". Even my friend who owns an ANHC disagreed to anyone calling Linea under powered though he doesn't miss any opportunity to bash Fiat.

The torque in my car is of the "blow your mind" category. Like i said, let the experts comment on it.... And will share that soon. :)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    the bonnet lining is same as in the diesel lineas and the jets. that is really not needed but since my fire uno has it why not the bigger sister. but uno's lining is much much better than lineas. lineas lining is like a paper covered with some cloth, while uno has a thick soft material. i did not find any major change in the noise(may be because of the poor insulation material) but wanted it for the peace of mind.
    i paid arount 1000rs for it. the lining itself costs only 400 but the clips came to another 450 and labour 135. it takes 5 minutes to fit.
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    The one on the TJet's are like a thick carpet like material.
  8. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i dont think fiat has different linings for diesel and tjets. i have touched the lining before fitting and trust me it is not that good. i may cut my unos lining and stick it upon lineas lining. linea is not as silent as my uno which has completed over 2lack kms. uno will have to live without any lining now.:sad1
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    pics of the armrest and the bracket. my friend had collected it for me from rajkot and he came at night. i was so excited that i could not wait till the next day to get it fixed. i did it myself and it took 45 minutes to fix. nothing new for emotion owners but otherwise it is a must have accessory for all. it ups the luxury quotient a lot. it is a real VFM. next on my list is the sun glass holder and the rear curtain. seat covers have already been ordered.

P120211_19.20.jpg

P120211_19.20_[01].jpg

P120211_19.20_[02].jpg
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    earlier i had informed you all about the terrible tyre noise i get at the speed of 40. i had got tjet tyres temporarily into my car and the noise was gone. so culprit were the tyres. had made a complaint with goodyear and what the technician had to say is "it is because of poor alignment that your tyre has a heal n toe wear out which is causing so much noise". when i move my hands on the tyre clockwise it is smooth but it is rough when in the anti clockwise direction. this symptom he said is called the 'heal n toe'. now i am in a fix as the showroom guys are pointing at goodyear and vice versa. i really will have to find a way out. i hope i find a solution as the noise is killing all the pleasure of driving her.