1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

vocal white dynamic pk

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by karan desai, Oct 20, 2010.

1. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    DROVE THE JET TODAY :dancing
    we had a car fair organized by my friend who deals in car finance. he called me and said that "ur tjet is here, i drove it and its just fantastic". i rushed for a test drive.
    the car is just :wow . what an exciting car to drive. the way this jet pulls is just awesome. the test drive made my day. pull her in any gear and she keeps on pulling without complaining. 3rd gear can easily do 100. the engine is so refined even after 5k rpms. this is a dream machine for every petrol owner. i wish i had the money to invest in this beast. congratulations to all the tjet owners for buying a fantastic car. after driving this car you should not look at any other car in this segment. the fact that honda city sells like hot cakes makes me mad :A when we have such a wonderful car around. i just cannot understand why lineas are not selling well. :confused
    1 person likes this.
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

thats why ive said atleast a 100 times, im in love with the third gear. Absolutely Marvellous. ::T
  3. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    Second gear is not bad either. Initial tests showed the 2nd gear has a 94kmph top speed. The comment was that this is still lower than ANHC's 2nd gear top speed, thts why t-jet falls a tad short on 0-100 timing.
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    every gear is a delight. it may be less than ANHC but the passion in which it pulls is what differentiates it from the toy like city. linea feels like you are driving a higher segment car while city feels like you are driving a maruti with a powerful engine and has an artificial feel to it.
  5. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    City might have faster 0-100, but the overall handling and drivability at 0-100 and further is much better with the Jet. So in a city, ull reach 0-100 faster but after 120 ull feel that you should let go and come back, while in TJet, ull go for 140-150 without ny change in ny handling and drivability. I think everyone will agree with that.
  6. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    You naied it Ansal.At 180 you will want more from a Linea :redcar and at 120 you will feel like coming back to 100 in a Honda City :uh . Thats the difference.

The chasis, fat rubber, stiff suspensions and the wheelbase-everything contributes to the excellent dynamics in a Linea.

and one more thing - In a traffic signal, you may have an opportunity to wank the road until a max of 70 or 80km/hr before you start encountering traffic again and I have realized that Linea is faster than the City until 90 and then the gear change (2nd to 3rd) plays spoil sport.. where the city edges the linea by half a second.

In real life situations, this doesnt matter since the initial pick up (i mean to 0-40, 0-60, 0-80) Linea beats City.. and I have experienced it many a times in traffic lights and actually when the city starts gaining on the Linea you would have already encountered traffic again. In the Highway, in-gear acceleration matters where Linea again beats the City.

May be on a track, City may gain on the Linea due to outright acceleration (0-140..diff of close to 3 seconds) and we dont go to tracks everyday!
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    I was thinking, ive not driven a Normal Linea. Not undermining any of the owner members, i m thinking if Some people say TJet is slower than City, what was the case with Original Linea (Sorry wasnt in India before the TJET was launched so dnt know the story before that ). I have read a lot, but still...!!!
  8. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    normal linea is just too normal when it comes to driving. normal engine often goes into a dead spot when you find no power at all. but then it was a lakh cheaper than the city. it does feel underpowered when you compare it to the city but otherwise its ok. back then city was a clear choice for the petrol heads. but there is a lot more to a car than just 0-100 figures. i think linea excelled in all other department over a city except the engine. but now that the jet has arrived there is only one winner.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I invite you to come with me in my NA Petrol Linea to see the response time, be it Mumbai city B2B traffic, be it ExpressWay wherever. While coming back from the Fiat Factory visit from Pune, members nsampthkumar & Linea-Lover traveled with me in my Linea & for almost 80 kms, they were under impression that I'm driving MJD from the way I was driving !!

And no, there has been no mod's done. My Linea is at its most OEM level.

Once you get used to that typical clutch/gear/accelerator combo, there is no stopping.

You missed the action !!!
    EDIT: If you've read it a lot as you mentioned, you must have read endless, heated, intense debates as well :mrgreen:
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    well the last week was a lot of traveling with the family and of course the linea. some highlights of the trip
    1200 kms covered, mileage of 15 kms/ltr, 80 kms in ahemadabad city with moderate traffic, no scrapping the under body with 5 adults and luggage in bad to very bad roads. but damaged the underbody protection plate when linea jumped into a diversion at night. there was a sudden dip from the super smooth road to a diversion without any boards. by the time i realized it was too late and the car jumped into the rocky road after hard braking. we had two cars with us on the journey one was our loved linea and the other was fiesta limited (the one we had almost bought, but luckily linea happened). there was a constant shifting from one car to another. and me being a car enthusiast could not stop but compare the two cars. some things i have noticed is that linea feels much plush and spacious that the fiesta. fiesta just does not have the premium feel. even the build quality is much much better in linea whether it is the doors' thud or the solid boot lid, or the feel of the interiors. linea is much wider and has more legroom. the fiesta diesel engine is a good engine and gives great mileage. it gives 20km/ltr no matter how you drive it. but the diesel is very noisy. the fiesta's ride is quite flat. while linea's ride is much plusher it has a lot of side movement. i feel very lucky that i did not buy that car.
    got the following things done in my linea:
    got the a/c kit updated
    fixed the fiat genuine armrest
    fixed the lining under the bonnet seen in diesel lineas for better sound insulation
    seat covers order given in ahemadabad, will be ready in a week (dont know when i will get them fitted).
    more updates on the above later.