1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

vocal white dynamic pk

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by karan desai, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Karan, I had complained of AC issue from the 1st week of purchase and there where series of testings, gas refills etc where done, but none of them came anywhere close to satisfaction. During May/June 2010, i came to know that FIAT has worked upon a solution that would fix the AC performance issue. It was understood that ECU has been remaped to have late cuttoffs and the ac pipes where to be shielded by some metal foil for reducing the loss of cooling while transporting across.

I went to dealer, and like yours, even my SA was white as egg on this matter, he had no clue, mailed around FIAT company and finally the SA got some understanding of what to be done. Problem was that no body knew how to upgrade ECU, so they keep fooling around me for around a month. Finally some sweet words to the ears of all and the company decided to send a new ECU which has been updated from factory to solve the problem. Along with ECU came a thin metal pipe, which the installer at service center made a vertical slit and pipe was now more like aluminum foil, then he made small pieces of foils, went underneath the car and tied those pieces of foil on various AC pipes with some plastic band. To me all of it look very flimsy and never believed that it would even help 1%. And I was true on my common sense :) Bigger task was replacement of ECU and getting car started. ECU was replaced, but car didnt start, service team again turned into egg, called up various person in FIAT, but no help, so came up with ecu examiner and played some hola ho..click, click, click...doesn't work, restart with no idea what need to be done, they probably tried all possible clicks to get some kind of permutation and combination, and god knows what all kind of stuffs got auto configured, factory resets and what not. Finally it was like "Eureka" 1.5hrs and engine somehow decided to start, in next 10 mins I was handed over the car :p

Took a test drive, with thermometer placed on AC panel, previously it was stuck at 14-16C now it did came down to 9-10C, probably it was a cool day. Had no option they said its working fine, i have to move out with it. Next day the back seat passenger had same complain again AC is not doing the job as expected ...and there on its still the same way. :uh :uh

Coming up is part 2 update from FIAT, a new AC kit, i hope this helps, otherwise this summer i wont have this car for sure. :thumbs down :thumbs down
    My nano does 10 times faster and better cooling than Linea .
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    wow you own a nano!! must be a fun car. i hope your problem gets solved with the new updates fiat has to offer. i was once travelling in a petrol punto and the cooling was almost nonexistent. mine is not that bad at all. it cools well. but sometimes you feel that it should have been better. another person from rajkot was also complaining that if my ac woes are not over i will sell this car. i informed him about the updates which he was unaware. lets see how it goes.
  3. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Bangalore
    I hope your AC problem is resolved with the new AC kit.
    I have tjet and havent faced any AC problem in it. They did changes in the AC so that it's 25% more effective in tjet.
    I think now they should stop selling non-tjet version and bring in this change to MJD.
    I have a strong feeling that non-tjet petrol versions are selling very few, it's time to discontinue them.Though there are many new fiat's in bangalore I haven't seen any new non-tjet petrol new linea in the last few months.
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Amit, to be honest i slightly disagree, the sales are anyways less for fiat, but with the non-tjet version, mjd and Tjet, it gives a wider prospective client for Fiat and it would appeal to more prospective buyers.
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    came back from a small 300km trip. on way had a stop at rajkot SC to get the new co passenger seat fitted which was lying with them for a month(as i could not go earlier). the seat was done in 30 mins and was handed over a bill of 35000rs(of course under warranty) ::D . he also mentioned that they have replaced the power steering unit in a couple of puntos which made some noise. discussed FIAT with the SA as he was back from the fiat training. he was all impressed with the company. he also informed me that there are a lot of updates coming from fiat including some new suspension mounts etc. and he confirmed that the A.C update is surely gonna happen and the training will start shortly in rajkot.
    did some really bad offroading on way to our kuldevi temple. the road is meant for carts and not cars. scraped the bottom several times, brushed both sides with leaves and sometimes branches. did a right wheel spin when climbing a steep slope and could smell the rubber(and my heart also).
    since the car has crossed 9500kms the engine has really opened up and i have started enjoying her. and winters are a big boon to linea as the car is so much fun without the a.c. it pulls so well. managed an average of 18.4 :clap mostly without the ac but with some serious offroading which was really demanding for the engine.maintained 80-90(heavy traffic) and did 120 a couple of times when had the opportunity.
    even my dad has started enjoying the engine as i could see him pulling in gears and me enjoying the feel at the back seat. he also did not slow down over a patch of 1km cement road which was badly broken and the linea's SUPERB suspension performed like a winner. in fact i was enjoying the car floating over the broken road more than on a smooth road. the rear especially is very comfortable.
    hoping to make more longer trips in linea(in winter) :wink:
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    35000/- for a normal seat without any lumbar support adjustment is robbery.
    18.4 kmpl for 1.4 Fire is outstanding.
    Even I find rear space very good with perfect under-thigh support, recline angle and hand rests on rear doors
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    :eek: you where driving without passenger seat for 1 month :p
    Ya AC kit training has been given in Gujarat, soon your dealer will receive the kits too, it would take a day to get thing done.

18+ mileage is seriously ::OO
  8. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    yeah that is robbery. but who cares when given under warranty ::T
    without the a.c the car gives nice mileage. once when i was bent on setting the MID record i had managed 19.4 for 300kms. but i think tankful methods just does not match these figures.
    rear bench is a real comfortable place to be :cool:
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i had the passenger seat with me all the time. it had gone out of shape so changed it under warranty. the new one was lying for one month. :lol:
    keeping fingers crossed for the ac update
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat