1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

vocal white dynamic pk

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by karan desai, Oct 20, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Karan - the 1st pic - is it in front of Gondal Railway Station as can be seen ?

that 4th pic seems to be taken in a "Khetar/ wadi" i.e. a farm. Is it, Karan ?
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    u r absolutely right in both the cases vahan. just opposite the gondal station theres a famous bhajiya guy, so had stopped there.
    and the vadi is at our gaav 'VASAVAD' which we visit as our kuldevi temple is there.
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    did some really serious DIY jobs a couple of days back. took out all the door panels as they were really jarring and did not have the solid fiat thud. on seeing i found out that the dour moulding is made up of different plastics joined together. the black portion on the top is different plastic piece joined to the biege portion in the centre. again the fabric portion with handle is a different unit. so this makes three plastics joined together. and somehow this is not done properly resulting in squeeqes. i inserted foam between these gaps and this has given me good results. even the tweeter in the front door were loose and prone to rattling. the doors mouldings are really not upto the mark. i had clicked the pics but somehow they appear to be corrupted. again the power windows swiches panel use some cheap clips which does not fit as it should be so had to work on it too.
    the power windows motor are minda make and even they make jarring noise on banging.
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    recently i have noticed a strange thing. when i was driving in night without the A.C with the fan on 1 and fresh air on(as it was 17* degrees outside) i found that the left side air vent in the centre console blew hot air compared the driver side vent which was cool. has anyone noticed this so far, if not try this and let me know if this is a problem in my car or something general. i dont think it shud blow warm air under any circumstances as this would reduce the cooling effect. i have read somewhere, someone complaining that the cabin gets warm as soon as we switch off the a.c. and my thermostat was set on coolest. increasing the temp results in mixing of hot air from radiator but this shud not happen when the temp is minimum.
  5. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Since the ac is not on would cooling happen?? I am not sure
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    Since the ac is not on would cooling happen?? I am not sure[/quote]

of course it doesnt cool without the ac on. but i cud feel this because the outside temperature was cold i had kept the air circulation on which will allow fresh air to blow from the vents and this is when i noticed that the passenger vent was blowing warm air compared to the driver side.
    hot air enters the cabin when u increase the temperature but i cud feel warm air from one vent when the temp was set on minimum.
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Karan,

This is due to the warm air from engine seeping in thro' left side vent. In my 3rd service, SA told me that they've done the earlier version of ACC upgrade consisting of replacement of Wire mesh filter & AC hose pipe. He explained that the earlier hose pipe used to take warm engine air inside the cabin reducing the cooling. The new hose pipe, he said, is with silver thermo coating or something like that.
  8. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    so that means that you have the new silver thermo coating tube thing?? u must have got it replaced under warranty?? u get all those things done in mumbai but here in rajkot linea is a rare species and SC have no such info for handling problems. i know fiat things more than anuone in that SC :confused
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Karan, even my car got same treatment along with ECU replacement for AC, there is not much of change though :(
    Incidently FIAT/TATA doesnt have best of service centers in Gujarat, hence parts and services issues are very high in Gujarat, and that leads to highest number of sales on Honda City in Gujarat comparing against all the states.
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    can you explain what they had actually done to your car?? what was ur prob? was it just the ECU update or some other changes also?? i enquired at the SC in rajkot about the ac update but they are clueless about it ::OO . you are correct no one trusts fiat in gujarat. most of them still thinks its the "old fiat" company. people follow like a sheep's herd and buy the 'safe' city, verna, fiesta etc