1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

vocal white dynamic pk

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by karan desai, Oct 20, 2010.

1. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    car is back from the service station. The noise from the front suspension is said to be coming from the link rods. At 34500 aren't those included in warranty. They said its not under warranty. Have to shell out 3500 for a pair!!! Should i write to fiat as link rods were always faulty in lineas and i had this sound from a long time but they never accepted. Now that the car is out of company warranty they are finding them faulty. your input guys...
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    guys i am waiting for an answer. your inputs will help.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ Has your car completed 2 years? It has to be covered under warranty if it is still under 2 years. I don't know if this is covered under the extended warranty too.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    If you have registered the complaint earlier which was recorded in job card you can push for warranty. I once did it for clutch replacement. I complained hard clutch at 15K kms and 30K kms. So when warranty was not getting approved I pulled out job card details dates etc and pushed TASC. Finally it got approved - it was 45K kms and 2 years.
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    yes the car has completed 2 yrs. vahan that noise was always there but how would i make then write "noise from the link rods". now that the warranty is over they know its the link rods. anyways will pay for it now no option
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    It should be covered under extended warranty till 35k kms
  7. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    the car is with the sc for its fourth paid service. just the regular filters and oil change. the spark plugs are due for change. can you guys suggest an appropriate set of plugs for my cng linea. i know the iradiums are nice but are they really necessary in a cng car or something more specific for cng is advised??
  8. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    was going through the pictures and it suddenly clicked me that i have not uploaded a single picture from the factory visit. i know its late but i was too busy viewing the excellent pictures some of our members had put up.

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg

DSC_0259.jpg
    Tron, varun pandit, Naughty and 4 others like this.
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    a brief description in order of the pictures.
    1. car getting a nice wash the day before commencing the trip.
    2. car washed by the hotel guy the next day after we reached lonavala travelling some 750kms. thats me, the tallest of the four.
    3. nice fogy weather on way to ranjangaon.
    4. as we were looking for directions co-incidentaly joined the bombay convoy. Our member TRON was quick to recognize me by my car's registration number, and offered me to join the convoy which i very happily agreed.
    5. 6. 7. joining the convoy was so much fun.
    8. last 70kms to reach my place and the linea is shinning like its totally fresh.
    in all travelled 2300kms in that trip.
    Tron likes this.
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    Tried the car without the air filter. i know its not good but it was just a trial run. had put a cotton cloth in place of filter. and the experience was AWESOME. the car pulled so well. you dont feel like upshifting. the car keeps on pulling and the pull was really strong. so anyone in a dilemma whether to bet ur money on a performance filter, my word is "GO FOR IT". i had k&n on my mind but the conditions in my town simply does not allow it, its too dusty here. i m not risking my car knowing the filtration allegations on k&n. but there was a definite performance improvement. I still can't come to terms with the OE filtered car having driven without it. just felt like sharing with you guys.;)