1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

vocal white dynamic pk

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by karan desai, Oct 20, 2010.

1. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    back from bombay. total distance covered was 1770. 82kg of gas used returning a mileage of 21.5kms/kg. the cost of cng in gujarat is 50.25 whereas in mumbai it cost us only 33rs. per km cost came to a mere 2.2rs. cng availability is great but long queues are a headache sometimes. the temperature soared to 45 at one point. the ac could have been better but with the fan on 3 and the black mats all around it was comfortable. the ride quality as usual was awesome. other cars with cng in their boots suffer from bad ride and handling whereas linea feels like its made to bear that weight. swallowed whatever luggage thrown in without complaining. was happy to see so many fiats in bombay.
    2 people like this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    How is the performance of CNG vs petrol?
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i would say really good if not excellent. the power drop is usually felt after 3000rpm. power delivery in linea is very odd compared to other cars. you have to let her know before 2000rpm that you need performance and not mileage. it zooms ahead if you press the accelerator hard before 2000rpm. sometimes it feels that the power delivery will never stop. i have gone upto 6500 rpm in 2nd gear and 6000+rpm in 3rd reaching 120. it zooms like theres a turbo inside. there was no fuel supply cut off!!! i took off my right foot otherwise it would have gone all the way to 7000 mark. and if you hurry her after she has crossed 2000rpm she take her own time and the engine will feel strained. do all petrol owners feel the same??
    regarding cng i would say the performance drop is really avoidable considering the money it saves. with the timing advancer and stuff it performs really well. but im having starting problems. when you start it starts on petrol and then automatically shifts to gas. it dies in the mean time. i have to gently tap the accelerator when the switching takes place. only pro like us can operate it smoothly others just rev it unnecessarily. will take it to the installer for fine tuning.
    other thing that i have been observing is that it drinks oil. had complained it before but the SA told that the amount of oil drained is the same. has any linea/punto owner suffered from oil consumption?
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Your observation is very correct. 1.4 engine some time behave as if it has a mild turbo. I have checked it even climbing a lop. It zooms like a rocket overtaking one by one in its path. How much was the coast for CNG kit?
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i paid 31 for the conventional kit.
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    have been travelling a lot in my linea these days. some of the observations i made:
    have started liking the rear seat more than the driver seat due to many reasons (a) not enough power to have fun with and overtaking is always pain. (b) feel vibrations in steering when between 2k-3k rpm in every gear. (c) gear shifts are not at all smooth. theres something stopping the stick's travel in every gear. it feels smooth when slotted in the same gear repeatedly. (d) clutch is very hard for comfort and knee pains after city drives.
    whereas the rear seat is so addictive with its super seating position and the FAMOUS fiat suspension. but me being me also have some complaints to make sitting behind. the sound insulation is bad. the window-door sealing is very poor and i sometimes feel that the window is open. i also get wind noise from the boot area!!! now thats very strange considering the solid boot shut thud. considering the solid metal used all over the car it should be unaffected by the wind, ambient noise. but the engineers at fiat has paid very little attention to it. the door seals also do not pack the door properly at some places. my uno felt sound proof in comparision.
    the small niggles are really spoiling the joy of owing which otherwise would have been a class leading product. or may be it still is??
  7. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    here are some pictures of my dirty throttle body which i cleaned yesterday. IMG129.jpg IMG136.jpg IMG134.jpg this is the electronic motor that operates the throttle.
    the funny thing is the ASS people had cleaned it some months back on my instructions. CHEATS
    1 person likes this.
  8. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    here are some pictures of my dirty throttle body which i cleaned yesterday.
    View attachment 23535
    View attachment 23536
    View attachment 23537
    this is the electronic motor that operates the throttle.
    the funny thing is the ASS people had cleaned it some months back on my instructions. CHEATS

NOTE: MODS pls delete the duplicate post
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    can you post it in DIY section with instructions. It will be helpful for others.
    Was there any difference in drive after cleaning?
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    havnt driven after that but there was a problem where the initial response was very erratic. before cleaning it was hard to maintain the rpm at 11-1200 and the needle either jumped or dipped when the car was stationery. that symptom prompted me to open the throttle. i had my doubts that the SC has only charged me 250 for cleaning it but have not actually cleaned it. now its all smooth and the response is as it should be.
    sure i will post it in the DIY section once i get all the pictures and time.
    1 person likes this.