1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

vocal white dynamic pk

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by karan desai, Oct 20, 2010.

1. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    yeah its the viscosity that harms the engine. the reduced flow rate rises the temperature and can also harm the water pump which pumps the coolant. i read that 25:75 mixture results in better cooling of an engine. ideal for summers. rich mixture for colder weathers. i talked to them today morning and they have accepted their fault. i pity all those whose linea runs on concentrated coolant. till date they never used water and said they will follow the manual from now on.
    injectors cleaning is not mentioned anywhere in the servicing schedule!! strange. how can they miss that. its nice to get them serviced once in a while. my friends honda city's manual says injectors to be cleaned every 7500kms or so. even i made it a point to get cleaned every 20k kms.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    solved the coolant issue. went to my local mechanic and drained the concentrated coolant and added again with a 40:60 mixture with distilled water. the suspension noise is back which had disappeared after servicing. besides those A** guys have damaged the center console. color has chipped off from volume knob of the HU, and the strip above the HU with the hazards indicator switch and defogger switch is broken and they have fixed it with kevikqik spilling outside. they have agreed to change both. god knows when. they have not given me the code card for the HU.
    i have some question for all the 1.4 owners. these two things are really bothering me:

1. the HPS is making a very disturbing humming sound when the surrounding is silent. do all the 1.4 owners hear that cause the car otherwise is very silent. besides a siiiiiissssss sound comes from the steering as if some bearing is bad. you really have to listen it when its very silent.

2. does your cars delivers power like it has a turbo fitted in it. it sometimes gives a feeling as if suddenly a turbo has started giving additional power. but this behavior is not consistent and power delivery fluctuates. push the pedal when the rpm is somewhere near 1700-1800 rpm and the car will pull as if it a turbo car. i somehow dont find consistency in its nature and feel that the car is really moody. is it common in all 1.4???

since there are never any petrol cars with the SC here i never get a chance to check. so hoping for a reply from the TFIans.
    1 person likes this.
  3. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Karan I have never come across the HPS noise you mention. If you have to really strain to hear this noise, then possibly it should be a non-issue. Regarding the kick at 1700-1800 RPM, that happens with me every time. I guess the power band starts from this RM and that's why the kick. However i do not agree with the power delivery fluctuation part.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    No. My Linea's steering is silent. No humming sound.
    Again, no. Never felt it in my Linea.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Certainly the way it reaches to 80+ is sligly different from other petrol cars. I don't know whether it is a turbo like effect. One reason may be drive -by-wire. Other may be that it has port de activation(PDA).Variable length intake manifold - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I don't know whether the slight turbo like effect is due to that.
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    no humming from steering!!!!!!!!!!! now i am really worried. despite the two year warranty is over. i had complained about this in the very first six month of buying but they said it is normal. the sound is very distinct when i park my car at crawling speeds.
    cant comment on the power delivery thing without driving other petrol linea.
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    In my Linea 60k kms service TASS put in 4 ltrs concentrated coolant. I've yet not diluted it and when AC gas got leaked, I asked another TASS whether concentrated coolant has anything to do with it just to be doubly sure. He said no. I'll add some water to the coolant tomorrow.
  8. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    vahan dont listen to those a** guys. they really dont know the technical complexity of such a thing. it affects the WATER pump in the long run. the WATER pump circulates the coolant in the engine. concentrated coolant is much denser and viscous than water. imagine the burden on the pump which is meant to circulate water. you must have diluted by now. tell TASS not to mess with anyone else's car next time, give them a lesson on coolant:).
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    its been mile munching month for me and my linea to some extent. did 1000km on my linea. mileage was 23km/kg. another 1750 kms in a friends figo (a trip to mumbai). it returned 16.5 on reaching mumbai. 11.5 in city (with a lot of idling with ac on). 17.5 on the return journey with speedo under 120 for 500 kms and around 130 for the next 250 kms which i drove. according to me not as fuel efficient as it is made out to be. engine noise was very annoying in the city and the suspension too harsh for comfort. our bottoms used to give us tremors whenever he had a tea/coffee break. high speed stability was very good i must say. ac was also a plus point though not by a big margin. punto owners should be proud that they have bought a great hatch.
    now a good news. leaving for bombay in our beloved linea tomorrow:D. so another 15-1700kms. will update you guys on the stats and some pictures if possible.
    here are a couple of pics i took on my trip to ambaji temple. IMG033 (2).jpg IMG034.jpg
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Is there any scratch on the front right wheel arch. In photo it looks like.
    I always had this question that why Linea stopped vocal white. It looks so nice in it, although BNW is also equally good.

Happy journey Karan. :up