1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

vocal white dynamic pk

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by karan desai, Oct 20, 2010.

1. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    20000km

my linea has completed 20k km this month. my car would be two year old this march. waiting for the 3rd service where most of the fluids will be changed. the car is running great and really cheap after cng fitment. it returned a mileage of 22kms/kg for the last 750 kms. the only irritants are the squeekes and rattles here and there. the armrest tops the list here. even some noise from the front suspension when going over potholes (this is after elastic pads were changed).
    enjoyed driving the mjd linea as my uncle had driven from bombay. gave the flemenco red a nice wash followed by wax. it looked awesome and turned a lot of heads in my town. i drove it pretty fast for 250 kms (constant 120-30 and 150 sometimes) but the mid surprised by displaying the average of 19. the needle was sitting above the 1/3 mark. brilliant engine i must say. i could not agree more to what gurinder had quoted somewhere "open highways and mjd is a pair made in heaven". it rode a little better than my petrol- thanks to the extra 100 kgs upfront and the springs to match them.
    alas very few people know but the fact remains-LINEA IS THE BEST CAR IN ITS SEGMENT.

going little off topic. few months back a friend of mine asked me to accompany him for a test drive of the new verna just the day after its launch as he wanted to buy it. we traveled 200kms just for the test drive and decide the colour. both of us drove the car for a short distance.
    Sandeep- good pick up, looks great, good interiors.
    Me- good pick up. played with the steering-kept mum. slammed the brakes-kept mum. everything else really nice.
    on our way back as we discussed about the car i told him i did not like the feel of the steering and the brakes were not assuring. to which he replied in a very casual manner- all these things do not matter to him.
    happy with the test drive he booked a white verna. now X months down the line he is so unhappy with the car that he is seriously thinking of selling his car. he does not use his car on highways even if its for a very short distance. everytime he prefers his innova over verna. on asking he told that the car feels toy like and he does not feel confident in it. i then replied to him with a proud (fiat) smile "see i had told you but you did not listen".
    LINEA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG028.jpg
    4 people like this.
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    jag

saw this beauty day before yesterday on the outskirts of ahemadabad. the presence took my breath away. it looked amazing. was traveling with my friend in his 800. the driver of the jaguar xjl was cruising at 120 so we kept following him for 50 kms then he pulled for a refreshment break. aaawww that car is so beautiful. no other class in its segment comes even close to it when it comes to sheer beauty.
    but when i got home, opened the gate and had a nice look at my linea i said 'pretty close'. and trust me guys at least linea has that class. other cars in this segment dont even stand a chance to be parked beside the jaguar. here are some of the pics i took from my cell phone.

IMG153.jpg

IMG150.jpg
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    where can i get glossy black vinyl??? after drooling over the jag i have decided to get my roof in that manner. and i am sure linea will be able to pull that look gracefully. what say?? besides it will go well with my vocal white. please give in your suggestions guys. here are the pics of the roof.

2010-Jaguar-XJ75-Platinum-Concept-Rear-Side-Picture.jpg

2012-Jaguar-XJ-Front-Side-Top-View-800x600.jpg
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Nice pictures. What is special about European cars is that each of the brands has a distinct characters and they maintain it through out modernization.
  5. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @karan, bro indeed glossy black roof looks ubercool but the specific roof in that second pic is isen't black roof. Its glass, actually this jag got Panoramic roof so from outside it looks glossy black roof.

About your LINEA, in vocal white with glossy black roof she'll look extreamly classy! Even more classic than princes of UK :-D so have fun.
    Cheers!
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    yeah tron i know that its the panoramic sun roof. it was badged xj l. dont know if it was the 5000cc petrol or the 600nm torquey diesel. i have seen cars costlier than this one but this was really classy and beautiful.
    where can i find glossy vinyl. checked with the 3m dealer in rajkot, he has no idea. i think it will look nice in the linea.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

i am dreaming already.
  7. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Well there is a Jaguar showroom on Electronic city road and I have seen many Jaguars there. the aesthetics and the kind of speed these marvels achieve, really makes someone feel as if a real Jaguar is on the roads.I agree with your point,Linea has that class what it takes to create an unique impression.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Also coming soon showroom for jaguar and land rover in pune
    (wakdewadi,below L&T Infotech, shoppers stop pune.)
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    got my third free service done. kms only 22000 but two years already.
    bill came to 7800rs with all fluids changed.
    had to buy the engine oil can as no loose petrol engine oil with them. so some extra rs there.
    i had asked them to clean the injectors. 1000 for that. they said good you did they were not 100%.
    and now comes the shocker they topped up the coolant with 6 liters concentrated. fools dont know it has to be diluted. i needed around 3 ltrs which would have cost me 700rs whereas i was charged 1400 for 6 ltrs. called them and they said its ok. after googling i found out that excess coolant/antifreeze results in hotter engine. and can damage the water pump also in the long run. so will have to argue with them and get it right.(i know it will be banging my head against a wall).
    suspension problem has been addressed well and they did a nice job. i was told they serviced the suspension. positive result. steering also light after servicing.
    clutch has become like malai. all my previous complaints yielded no results but this time i did not even complained thinking it is normal in petrol, but when i pressed the clutch i was so surprised and happy. praised the person who worked on the clutch.
    will write a complete report on my service complaints and how they are resolved.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Antifreeze and anti boiling property of Paraflue is not the property that spoil the engine. Actually more the concentration means higher boiling point and the coolant can withstand higher temperature before boiling. But actual problem is with the viscosity. Concentrated Paraflu is highly viscous compared to water and will not flow freely which result in poor heat transfer. A very hostile situation for the health of engine. 50:50 concentration is a compromise between the two requirements(antifreeze/anti boiling and viscosity). Apart from it it also protect the engine from corrosion. Recently Vahan Pujari's Linea also got filled with concentrated coolant.

Does Injector cleaning an extra item which is not part of free service?