1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

vocal white dynamic pk

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by karan desai, Oct 20, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That's interesting. I wonder how these instant fuel consumption thing works. Does anyone know here?

It seems the fuel consumption sensor/code etc is a bit puzzled, since it's calibrated with petrol and is now being used to calculate gas consumption . :confused:
    1 person likes this.
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i am amazed too. first i thought its just a calculation of rpm vs speed. but after seeing IC figures on cng it proves my theory wrong. it is much smarter than what i thought it was. calling all the TFI experts.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

some figures from my recent mumbai trip.

distance 1690kms
    fuel 91 kgs(cng)
    total cng cost 3650rs
    highway mileage 20.5
    city mileage 11 (190 kms in bombay)
    cost per km 2.2rs.
    overall mileage 18.5
    MID shows 17.5

cng proved to be a real money saver. the way i drove the car it would not have returned more than 12kms/ltr.
    got the door trims and gear boot done in leather (so called) from orchis. bought neck pillows and matting (boot also). went to kava for chrome door handles after confirming their availability on phone, but they were full of scratches so did not buy.

no matter how many times we fiat lovers must have mentioned but i will not miss the opportunity to boast the terrific road grip and precise steering linea has. it was a pleasure driving linea on the six lane surat-vapi highway. there is one standard rule on that road "zig zag for overtaking". the truckwalas wont move from their lanes (which in a way is good). so you can cut across the traffic safely. i enjoyed overtaking there. it felt as if linea was made to do this. even if there was an open straight linea would tempt you do a zig zag (in a safe way of course).
    leaving for a 550 kms trip tomorrow. have washed the car in and out (literally) for the trip.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    But that's how it's supposed to be? Isn't it? Or am I missing something?

Whether it's Petrol or Diesel or CNG, the sensor senses & measures the Instant consumption by dividing Fuel passed thro' sensor by the distance covered. If CNG is giving higher FE than Petrol than what MID shows is logical and that's what it should show. Or again....am I missing something?

That's exactly how I drive on that Surat-Vapi Road - Zig Zag for overtaking. It gives so much fun :) . I only hope the entire Mumbai Surat Road is completed wherein so many bridges are under construction. Once that happens, aah.....
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    some minor additions to my linea.

added some functional accessories to my linea:
    1. got the door trims done in "fake" leather from orchis. also wanted to go for the steering but was short of time.
    IMG033.jpg
    2. full matting for the floor and boot.
    IMG_1784.jpg
    3. neck pillows, which i feel is a must for every fiat as i find the head rests to be a little far than other cars. (wanted big ones as i found the smaller ones useless)
    IMG_1776.jpg
    4. got the controversial AUX cable from a blaupunkt dealer in bandra. took him 5 minutes to install. sound quality is pretty good. in fact the ipod equalizer reproduces better sound than our mp3s.
    IMG_1787.jpg
    and yes also the gear boot and armrest.
    am itching to do a bit of photoshoot of my linea but the car is covered with a thick layer of dust.
    took a lot of effort to insulate the cars fender and the plastic cover over the wheel by applying layers of rubber paint on the plastic and inserted sheets of foam inside the front fender. the tyre noise is unbearable. the passenger side is yet to be done. will post once i finish the job. will try to take some pics (not convenient as hands get really dirty).
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
    2 people like this.
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    the beautiful shades of VOCAL WHITE.
    IMG066.jpg
    IMG068.jpg .
    2 people like this.
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i am itching to do a full chrome front grills and the mirror covers as they would perfectly match the colour. anyone have an idea where it can be done.
  7. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Did Mumbai-Surat-Mumbai trip on last weekend & had fun of that (in)famous "zig zag overtaking" in Surat - Valsad 6-lane highway. :)
  8. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    thats indeed super fun especially when you have a fiat to drive.
  9. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Amazing, it is !! Every time I drive there, it gives immense pleasure & satisfaction of driving.

Though bit risky, I always found left-most lane is the fastest to drive in that patch. Trucks in middle & right most lane do not move. Had to use left-most lane at those times for overtaking and then I come back to middle or right lane.
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    that is how it works there. the extreme left is often used for overtaking. that is because the bikes run there and since truck cannot maneuver like us they avoid the left and stick in the other lanes. but one has to be very cautious as sometimes what happens is that you are speeding on the left and other cars from the right also make an attempt to overtake from left.
    might drive to vapi on wednesday. :)