1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

vocal white dynamic pk

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by karan desai, Oct 20, 2010.

1. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    enjoyed the diwali holidays with the family and the fiat linea duo. one was the multijet and the other fire. have some pics will post it soon.
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    the linea duo in our family. we enjoy both the engines.

IMG00527-20111028-1448.jpg

IMG00536-20111028-1514.jpg

IMG00535-20111028-1514.jpg

IMG00537-20111028-1514.jpg

IMG00538-20111028-1515.jpg

IMG00540-20111028-1516.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  3. Wine color is intoxicating and BNW is all time favorite .
  4. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    White one seems well kept but the red one has some scratches on bumper? The letters have also fallen. It must be a total pleasure to enjoy the beauty in two flavors.
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    thanks. the red is really nice but mine is vocal white not bnw.

actually i gave the scratches on the bumper of red one. the letters have been redone in mumbai after diwali. driving with two lineas was really a pleasure. i had joined my uncle on his way back to mumbai and drove the multijet excessively. love the refinement. the wheels used to wobble a lot on braking above 100km/h. i suspect the brake pads.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

a lot of updates pending on my side. diwali and a lot of marriages kept me away from TFI. will summarize it in short. after a lot of mailing i got the following things changed in my car:
    CSC steel
    elastic pads
    plastic covers over mountings (paid)
    driver seat height adjustment assembly
    the indicator, headlight, wiper combination switch. indicators had stopped working. the switch that malfunctioned was VALEO make (same brand found on BMW) and the new one was minda or something.
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @karan desai, bro check out my ownership thread. I'm also having same orchis seat covers you got for your beauty.
    I got these for free of cost from dealer with fitting. How much did it cost you for ''orchis seat covers'' & for fitting job??
  7. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    8k with fitting.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

my linea is now duel fuel. yes you guessed it right, it now runs on cng as well. took this brave decision before 10 days and went in for a conventional lovato cng kit. the thought of cng was lurking my mind since a long time but did not want the warranty to go so kept on postponing it, but gave up to the astonishingly rising fuel prices. now creeping the benefits of lower rs/km equation. no complaints so far.
    already did 1200 kms on cng and the experience has been "cheap":)
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  8. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

Cochin
    Hows your car performing with CNG? Is there any reduction in power or refinement? Does instantaneous consumption, avg. mileage, range etc... work with CNG?
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    the cars performing pretty well. i was not expecting such nice performance. i hardly feel any reduction in power (the installer told me that the 10% power loss of cng is made up by the timing advisor). yes when the car is loaded and the ac on i did feel the lack of pull, but thats negligible when you consider the money saved. the refinement is as good as petrol or should i say better in the first two gears. i was very concerned about the engine noise, jerks etc but i am really satisfied. i have listened to the engine noise in a closed environment but the engine noise is the same (fingers crossed). and yes the IC, AVRG, RANGE etc has all gone. the boot still has a lot of space left (thanks to the generous boot of linea). we could fit 1big, 2 small and some handbags with ease. people complain about linea's GC but even with 5 people on board with boot full of luggage and the heavy cng cylinder it took huge bumps without touching.
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    the check engine message that was coming has gone after the cng installer changed the power booster unit with a different one. everything is fine from then. the MID has also started working. but the most surprising thing is that the IC shows proper cng figures. when cruising at 100 the MID now shows 22 (with ac) which in petrol it shows around 15-17.
    we have travelled to mumbai by road and the mid shows above 20km/ltr. this despite driving pretty fast (constantly above 120). the IC system has adopted to cng. any ideas how??
    have added pads to the springs to raise the height that was lost due to the extra weight in the rear due to the cng cylinder. got the aux cable in mumbai and enjoying music from my ipod now.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011