1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

vocal white dynamic pk

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by karan desai, Oct 20, 2010.

1. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    became a proud owner of the beauty in march this year ::D . theres nothing unsaid about the way it looks. its simply GORGEOUS. its got the best profile in its segment and above it. the rear would put Jlo to shame, so sexy. the maserati or should i say audi inspired front looks aggressive though i feel the front could have been better (lower and slimmer to be precise). my version has wheel plates and even that looks so good. on the inside what i like the most is the way the door trims are designed, very stylish.
    having driven a fire engine for more than 2lakhs kms on my uno one thing i was sure about that fiat do make class engines. my uno is till going strong without any engine work, and its still silent and vibration free. coming to the linea i am sure every linea owner will be happier if they were given some more power especially in the 1st and 2nd gear. sometimes it is really frustrating driving in the city. even my uno petrol fire engine feels more powerful. of course on highways it is a different story. the engine comes alive wen the a.c is off but thats not gonna happen. i get around 13-14 kms/ltr if i drive sedately. the gearshifts are nice gut not great.
    now comes the ride and handling part where the linea scores really well (though the punto rides and handles much better). being a fiat uno owner for 13 year i was sure that this is the genre where my lineas' gonna do good, and it doesnt disappoint. though i feel the rear is a bit soft as i bounces when the car is loaded.
    i still can sit in front of my linea just watching it.
    my ownership summary goes like this: great car but pray that you never have to visit a SC cause thats the ugly part of fiat no one would like to see.
    i had a broken glass (rear quarter) fixed after a month. SC took another month to replace my damaged silencer with a new one. the co-passenger seat has gone out of shape within a month of purchase and im still living with it. rear tyre has developed a crack which goodyear will look into.
    so it has not been a happy ownership experience for me. :sadblue
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Congratulations and best wishes, karan desai, on becoming a proud owner of a beautiful car. Post some photographs of your beauty. Happy and safe driving in your Linea.
  3. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Is it a vocal white or Bossa Nova white?
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Congrats Karan on owning this beauty
    Sad about the bad parts,stories at the end of the post.Very depressing,creates butterflies in the stomach.(May be you can console yourself that it would have taken a month even with Ford or Maruthi,from my experience of 6 weeks for a front bumper for a SWIFT)
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on the Linea. Enjoy many more happy miles with the Linea
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats for your new car... Njoy the Linea...
  7. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    thanks ravi. actually i have posted the pics in one of my thread but i dont know how to give you the link here. neways will post some updated pics.
  8. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    vocal white it is .
    thanks everyone. am enjoying my linea every bit.
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    yesterday night i noticed a strange thing. when i parked my car in the garage after a fun spin(revved a bit) the exhaust had a very bad smell. first i thought it was from the surrounding but then i found out that it was my car that was giving out such bad smell. now that i recall this is not the first time this has happened. in an earlier incident also i thought that it was the surrounding may be. this only happens when i park after a demanding drive!!! has anyone noticed the same??
    i also feel that my car is not tuned well as i have never observed water from the silencer. do not know if that only happens to traditional cars or to modern cars also. i think it should be the same. and also i dont get good FE figures no matter how sedately i drive. any opinions??
  10. What kind of bad smell was it ? Burning smell or some other foul smell ? What kind of FE do you get usually?