1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vista T-Jet !!!!!

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Siddhartha86, Jul 26, 2011.

1. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    I say TATA should take the whole car from FIAT, plonk the TATA logo and sell it at a lower price. This is a win-win for everybody including us customers :D
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    redbull very good idea. :lol
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    redbull, we can then source the FIAT logos from Turkey and fix it on the car after removing the TATA logo cos we know it is a FIAT after all !!

Abdul
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I don't see anything wrong in Vista or Manza using Tjet or any FIAT-developed powerful engine. TATA is just using the opportunity they got, and exactly that's what FIAT is not doing. If anyone gained anything from the JV, it's more than 90% TATA only. I think FIAT would sell similar numbers if they partnered with someone else too. Because most people buy FIAT for the car's reliability and may not be the service availability. Maybe only Maruti and Hyundai car's are bought because of service availability anywhere in India.
    Selling engine or engine parts to "competitors" is just a business/revenue model, and this is one segment where FIAT is immensely successful. At the end of the day, what gives you more profit matters. That's business.

OT:Like the "Hare and Tortoise" in the old story, tortoise will wait until the hare is tired and snoring. Then probably tortoise will wake up start walking.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  5. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    lets hope our "tortoise" will wake up someday, somewhere.....................:sadblue
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    sigh sigh..sigh ..sigh..punto ??
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Guys, I think everyone is reading between the lines. The news article states it's just a rally car which is going to have the 1.4 T-Jet engine and I wish it ends there.

Also I'm wondering why would Tata plonk 1.4 T-Jet or 1.6 MJD on to the Manza, Wouldn't that actually push the price higher than the Dejire, Etios. Tata doesn't command the brand value of Toyota nor has a highly satisfied ASS as in Maruti-Suzuki. The 1.4 T-Jet is not catering to the mass market like the 1.3MJD on the Manza or Indica, Even if it comes it's going to be a market dud. With the petrol prices soaring high why would anyone buy a Petrol, The T-Jet on a Linea or a Punto is just for the enthusiasts and how many of the enthusiasts will seriously buy a Indica just because it has a T-Jet. Remember it's not all about BHP, there's more than that in a Car.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    It will be like the fellow who sits in sleeper class with Gen ticket and slowly slowly push the one with tickets.i wish this should not happen to Fiat.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    It won't happen as quoted in my previous post. Tata's are known to dish out cars which are VFM, have oodles of space and a decent performer. Aam-junta has this pre-conceived notion on TATA as well, So I don't see why TATA should step-out of their comfort zone.

IIRC the whole T-Jet engine along with gearbox is imported, Where does the economies on scale go? I would say we guys need to stop worrying on Tata plonking the T-Jet and rather pray for a Punto T-Jet.
  10. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

ops .. my mistake... I forgot Tata power.