1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Visit to the Tulu Port City bounded by Sea and Ghats

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by zenwalker, Nov 28, 2014.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Found this pic just now, hence updating for the benefit of others :)

On the way back to bangalore, we stopped at Ujire (Near Dharmastala) where in we had to refill the fuel plus recharge my friends phone. While doing so, i found this small hotel next to this shop. Just wanted to try a fish, so went in.
    DSC05280.JPG
    IMG_20141123_193837.jpg
    I ordered Bangda Fish Rava fry, Fish Masala Fry (other type fish) and Rice Roti with Fish curry. I must say that the Fish masala was the best fish i ever had so far. I loved the way it was so crispy and it was damn tasty.

IMG_20141123_195029.jpg
    I recommend others to try once here though you cant expect a well decoration here unlike 2* star hotels, but food is very tasty and even the cook was very friendly with me when i was dining for like an hour ;)
    Ravi likes this.
  2. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @zenwalker after driving through the bad stretch while gng to panambur beach, did u notice any issue in wheel alignment? like the infamous left side pull ?
    btw nice pics \m/
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Deepak
    The roads there are not horrible with lots of potholes like BLR road. I meant that the roads are not in good quality as it should be else where in Mangalore plus the blackish powder all over. That's all. In fact the stretch to panambur from udupi highway is laid out in concrete now. So no pull issue or anything.

BTW thanks.
    Deepak likes this.
  4. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Great trip @zenwalker - inspires me to go for a trip soon. Haven't gone to Bekal ever.
    zenwalker likes this.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @vayfiat,
    Thanks mate. Glad that inspired you. Hope you have same fun. Bekal is a nice fort and environment around it but road to it is horrible. That's the only sad part.
    Safe trip mate
    vayfiat likes this.
  6. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Oh ok. On a different note, my Punto's steering rack is going for a replacement under "extended warranty", after iterations of poking on Vecto crew. After a number of test drives (plural), they were clueless and reluctant to agree on the issue. Finally I forced them to do an inspection from under the body - and they confirmed issue in minutes. Since it is extended warranty, I had to shuttle twice to Vecto for insurance formalities - which I wanted to avoid and get it done before FIAT warranty expires (sad :( ). I will update ownership thread soon - mine has taken a lot of replacements already.