1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vishakhapatnam & ARAKU trip..

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by BoseSuman, Jan 17, 2013.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    I went to Vizag & Araku last Friday & returned on Monday.

Total details will come shortly:-

PFB the Teaser Pic & Teaser Details:-

Friday 11/01/2013:-
    Home:- 9:30 A.M, Gachibowli:- 10:00 A.M, ORR:- 10:20 A.M. Vijayawada:- 1:45 P.M. Lunch time till 3:30 P.M. Due to big Jam left Vijayawada at 4:30 P.M. Rajahmundry:- 6:45 P.M, Tea brake, Left Rajahmundry 7:10 P.M. Vishakhapatnam:- APTDC Hotel (Near Appu Ghar):- 10:30 P.M.

Saturday:-
    Vizag City Tour with Rushikonda & Bhimili.

Sunday:-
    8:30 A.M left hotel for Araku, Reached Borra Caves at 10:45 A.M, Left Borra Caves at 12:00 for Araku, reached there by 1:15 P.M.

Monday:-
    Left Araku at 9:10 A.M, Vizag (NH5)-Araku crossing at 11:30 A.M, small rest at IOCL pump. Left at 12:00 P.M. Rajahmundry:- 2:15 P.M.
    Lunch:- till 3:30 P.M, left Rajahmundry at 3:45 P.M. Reached Vijayawada at 6:00 P.M, Left Vijayawada 6:30 P.M, Suryapet:- 8:30 P.M. Tea brake and left there from 9:00 P.M. Reached RFC 10:00 P.M, reached home at 11:00 P.M.

Velocity I drove constantly at 110-120 KMPH. Not extended more than that.

Long drive till weekend. Deailed photograph I will post later, Till then enjoy the teaser.

VA001.JPG

VA01.JPG

VA02.JPG

VA03.JPG
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
    12 people like this.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Nice trip Suman and thats a stunning Punto in those teaser pics. Awaiting for full report with mind blowing pics. :up
  3. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    :clap Nice Suman.
  4. arunprasad

arunprasad Amatore

Hyderabad/Chennai
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    That's a fantastic trip you had.

How is the Hyd - Vijayawada road; last time when I went to Vijayawada (mid of 2012) road laying work was on progress.

Share Araku valley photos; I am also planning to do a trip to Vizag and Araku.
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Suman, Nice teasers .. post travelogue and pics soon.. ;-)
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Awesome,you will enjoy the driving.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Man, your project Punto Sports has come up really well. Though had seen her after the project, she just looks captivating in the second pic :)The mileage shows that you know how to nurture your beauty at high speeds. Good example of driving at triple digit speeds; yet achieving good mileage :up
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Suman,
    you got 19.3 KM/l for overall trip ? with that speed ?
  9. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    This road is really good ( except 1 KM due to Flyover work is in progress). I have completed Miyapur- Vijayawada total 323 KM in 3 hr 25 minutes, and with 110-120 KMPH constantly. You will really enjoy this stretch same as NH5 or HYD-Banglore NH7 road.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes Ganges, from my last couple of long trip I used to get this mileage.

Hyd- Hampi:- 19.7 KMPL with 110-120.
    Ananthapur-Ooty-hyderabad:- 19.5 KMPLwith 110-120 KMPH.
    Now this. So I used to drive at constant velocity 110-120, get the good mileage and avg speed also helps me to reach on time.
    1 person likes this.
  10. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Expecting a detailed travelogue and loads of pics from you Suman. Sadly, we all couldn't join the party.

I have done Hyderabad - Vijayawada trip in the first week of December. Except for the last 80kms stretch, every inch of Highway is a bliss to drive.
    Jaggayyapet flyover (80kms before Vijayawada) isn't completed yet and have to take a detour with-in the town. Then the road on the last 40kms stretch which is after the last toll gate is being re-laid and hence the traffic is being diverted on to one side of the highway. This will slow you down, else Hyd-Vja is a breeze to drive.