1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vinyl wrap for alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by clash81, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Doesn't suit the Linea IMHO.
  2. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

There is a Volvo SUV in my locality wrapped with black stuff like that in the LINEA, looks very ugly, but for a suv some people might like it.
    Also I saw a Maruti Kizashi wrapped black matt (seeing a Kizashi itself is rare :D ). I personally don't like this.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I have seen Civic and Fortuner in matt red vinyl wrap. But didn't appeal that much like matt black does... :)
  4. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

I've seen Zen, Safari, E36 and a few others - can't recall, in black matt.
  5. Plastidip is available in mumbai for 1150 per can.... An entire car with 3 coats requires 4 cans

There is a one gallon pack also for 5450 which requires an aireless gun...

A fellow tfi member "alok dhawal's" oem alloyd are dipped by me and tfi member halfclutch....set of 4 alloys requires 1 can and about 5 coats
    2 people like this.
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Harsh, how can I buy them?

And guys, it is available in gloss finishes as well. Even as a clear coat.
  7. Gloss is not availale imo atleast in india
    And i doubt if it is reversible also

You can source it online or search for dealers...in mumbai there is only one
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

9. It is an import brand : performix rubber coats
    Importers are pidilite
    Cost per can 1105 INR

Cost per gallon : 5450 INR

And about the clear dip im not much knowledgeable. Excuse me on that
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

@ Harsh: An entire car with 4 cans of plastidip, i do't think so. I've been doing some research on this for some time, and in order to have a good and lasting finish, you require 3 cans(minimum 2,3rd to be safe) for 4wheels and minimum of 12 cans for a car(i seriously doubt that), but dipyourcar.com recommends 3 gallon for a hatch backs and 5 for a sedan. But there are videos in youtube using 3gallon on mid size sedans.

I have no clue how you did 4 wheels with 5 coats using a 11 oz can..!! Please post a picture if you don't mind, but seriously i don't thinks its possible or have that finish.

Cosmotec, quoted Rs.6750 incl tax for a gallon of Plastidip.

Rs.5450 is it including tax?? and can you give me the contact details please.
    1 person likes this.