1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vinyl stripes on the punto's body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by varoon9999, May 29, 2011.

1. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Why not the Indian tricolour?
    1 person likes this.
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Thats a good idea. Doesn't the stripe on the first pic resemble indian tri color?
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I'd say, go for this with thicker stripes, like what rahul and nimish had done for all kerala meet a couple of months back. check that thread for pics. : http://www.teamfiat.co.in/teamfiat-...-fiat-meet-may-06th-updates-page-10-a-13.html
    And another person has done this same thing in yellow palio.. check it here: Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand Edit: Pictures of Painting Process on Pg9 - Page 14 - Team-BHP

And no indian flag,if those damn activists see that, they ll start their work and face tough consequences for insulting our country, blah blah bla !!!:A
  4. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Varoon,
    I have put Vinyl sticker on my punto as seen below. Its now 8 months since Ive done this.
    Prevents paint from scratches and becoming dual.
    Provides a different look.
    I found absolutely No harm to the paint and when I removed some part of the sticker I was shocked to find no trace of gum or any residue from the sticker.
    If stuck on plastic then it will prevent it from graying. But will not last long.

Due to regular washing the stickers start pealing off.
    My case since its black it absorbs heat.
    Due to heat the once stuck on plastic parts started pealing off fast than the one stuck on body.
    If the stickering is not done by a pro then you can end up having knife marks on the paint.

These are some I can think of.
    Punto-7688.jpg My Punto-6208.jpg My Punto-6496.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  5. Hey guys,

I tried to modify my car and my brothers car

My Brothers white punto

My Tuscon wine beauty

I will try to upload few more clear pics.Please let me your comment and suggestions.
    5 people like this.
  6. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

You are right Varun. Indian tri color should not be used. Thanks for the pictures :)

The White car looks good. How did you do the roof? Vinyl or painting?

The TW look good as well, but the stripe could have ended in the bonnet itself instead of conitinuing till the grill.
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

8. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

sharing a couple of design i like..
    1776fcdf.jpg a9db6166.jpg images.jpg
    23c9a218dd2de633493c118401ede4fd-865x556.jpg a99726853f8804d0df1d25f1c4b36045-865x556.jpg 2012-abarth-punto-scorpio-1_600x0w.jpg Abarth-Punto-SuperSport-1-660x585.jpg 26104_325980096687_7387916687_40653.jpg
    4 people like this.
  9. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

1 person likes this.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

According to me ..
    A BNW with a body kit and red/green vinyls is an absolute drool material.
    Black will look good but not as good as BNW in this regard...