1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vinyl flooring for punto

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by drgopusankar, Jan 20, 2012.

1. HELLO EVERYONE,

I WOULD LIKE TO INVITE YOUR SUGGESTIONS REGARDING VINYL FLOORING. WHEN I ASKED ABOUT THIS TO SERVICE GUY, HE TOLD ME NOT TO DO THIS, AS THERE ARE CHANCES OF WATER GETTING TRAPPED INSIDE AND THEREBY ENHANCING RUSTING.:confused::confused: WHAT ABOUT THIS COMMENT? SO I HAVE NOT GONE FOR THIS. BUT FOR THE SAKE OF EASY CLEANING I THINK VINYL FLOORING IS BETTER. WHAT DO YOU SAY.?
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  2. 31 views and not a single suggestion...
    1 person likes this.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I dint get your point. What do you mean by vinyl flooring.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I initially had it and it was very easy to clean as well, however it spoiled the looks overall. I've ripped it apart and now using 3D mats and they are perfect fit for our cars. The dust gets collected very easily and very easy to wash as well.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

+1 to Teky. When I brought my Vista, I made the mistake of Vinyl flooring it. It totally spoils the looks, but sadly my dad is in love with that and he do not allows me to remove it now.
    There are water drain holes under the body - I personally think when the car go through water lodged areas, chances of water getting into body carpeting through them is possible, and in such a case, it will lead to rusting.

When I brought my Punto, I stayed away from it even though dealer offered it as free, on top of all the other offers. Go for 3D mats - they do the same job in a much much better way.
  6. rahul16

rahul16

Cochin
    i think its better to avoid it buddy as it will spoil the looks. Even i thought of doing it initially just for the sake of easy cleaning.... when i saw it done in a i20 i was like:eek:. Its better i put some effort rather than spoiling the looks.. U go for 3d mats, well in cochin you will get it.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  7. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Hi Teky,

Could you share from where did you get these 3d mats + photos & prices

Atul
  8. dear rahul, can you post the picture of 3D mats. Please mention the shop in cochin also..

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

hai, vinyl flooring is a permanent covering of the floor, so that it is easy to clean inside the cabin. You can just wipe out the dirt.
  9. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    Vinyl flooring is just easy to clean and nothing more. Sparco has come up with some classy floor mats. I have installed it on my GP it cost me 2700/- but worth the price.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I have done Vinyl flooring. I got it done while I was in Kerala last time. It was just Rs.700. As you said, it is easy to clean. The usual flannel cloth type flooring collects a lot of dust and is very difficult to clean. Even if you vaccum, the dust and dirt do not go off.