1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

VIN says one year old manufactured Punto

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by CK2608, Jan 8, 2014.

1. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    All the best for your PDI, CK2608! :) BTW, when is the PDI, Also did you book it in their new showroom in whitefield?
  2. CK2608

CK2608 Novizio

Bangalore
    thanks Ranjeeth.. :) The SE has not called me yet. He had said he will call when the car arrives to dealership yard. I booked it in KHT Fiat Caffe at Domlur flyover.
  3. CK2608

CK2608 Novizio

Bangalore
    I forgot to mention the whole deal amount :)
    Model: Punto Emotion Oceanic Blue
    ex-showroom price: Rs. 719216
    Insurance: 26620
    road tax: 111766
    handling charges: 5050
    extended warranty: 6629
    RSA: 3500
    standard fitment: 1500
    so the final OTR: Rs 874281
    He agreed to give me for Rs. 8,00,000

Mats- Fiat
    Mud flaps- Fiat
    Boot mats
    perfume

also he has promised free accessories like
    RPS
    Body Cover
    Door Sill
    Door Visor

and the below accessories he is giving at 50% price
    chrome exhaust tip
    seat covers (Punto ones)

So, how good a deal is this? I mean is this a common deal across all Fiat dealerships? or is it a very uncommon deal?

Apart from the 74K discount and accessories he promised at the time of booking, I shall bargain for another 50K since I have come to know it is 1 year old manufactured.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  4. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    They were giving me a flat 1 lakh cash discount on the OTR in December for a Nov 2013 manufactured car even without me asking anything about it. Since it is a older model and since it is 2014 now, I think you can bargain for a lot more!
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Buying a year old car is like buying it from a used car dealer.
    Why not opt for a new one even if the discount is less and live with peace of mind.
    Punto is not flying off shelf like an Ecosport,so you will anyways get a good discount.
  6. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Please share an experience.
  7. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hey CK2608, Have you got your punto delivered yet? :confused: Please keep us updated! :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  8. CK2608

CK2608 Novizio

Bangalore
    mnranjeeth not yet. cancelled the booking. new issue with dealer. see post[h=1]Cancellation Charges/Refund[/h]
  9. CK2608

CK2608 Novizio

Bangalore
    I did a PDI at Vecto today with whom I had booked Punto Emotion Oceanic Blue after I cancelled my booking at KHT motors. I have noticed things in my PDI.

1. Fine hairline scratches on hatch, rear bumper, front bumper near tow
    2. lower dash panel on driver side is wide open
    3. right side C-Pillar also has some panel gap.
    4. Rear right Door has glass window loose which makes the door closing sound as if the glass is gonna shatter.

I have brought these to the SA and delivery incharge person. They said they will fix the scratches by a so called 'Rubbing' Actvity. Please let me know if anybody has faced a similar situation of having spotted such scratches and then on delivery day they were not to be seen. More than the aesthetics, scratches are a concern for me from the point that the effect they may have on the paint in the near fututre. IMG_4678.jpg IMG_4680.jpg IMG_4682.jpg IMG_4683.jpg IMG_4689.jpg IMG_4690.jpg IMG_4691.jpg IMG_4692.jpg
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    All of these issues can be resolved very easily.

Scratches near the fuel lid are the only ones that need attention (I mean that the initial too are too superficial looking in the photos). Dont worry. All these scratches can be corrected.

Panel gaps can also be corrected. Just make sure that you get these points noted before delivery so that they can be corrected.

The panel gap near the fuse box (beneath the steering on the left side) can hopefully be corrected by simply opening the fuse box lid and closing it again. Let the dealership handle it.
    1 person likes this.