1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

VIN says one year old manufactured Punto

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by CK2608, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Loucon

Loucon

Bengaluru
    Why dealer will not tell car is one year old at booking time?
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  2. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Fiat 2013 Grande Punto 90HP review: Steady Evolution - Motoroids.com

I think the only visible difference is the colour of the alloys. The 2013 models come with the gun metal grey alloys whereas the older ones had silver alloys.
    Other members who own the 2013 model might know about more differences.

BTW, I too was planning to book a 90HP punto with KHT fiat during the last week of december, but those guys were least interested in selling me one as they had no 2013 90hp ones in stock! :mad:
    I would be booking the emotion or the 90HP by the end of this month.
    Can you please let me know the offers they are giving for the 2014 manufactured ones?

- - - Merged Post - - -

These are some other differences according to the Motoroids site: "Fiat has however added extra colours to the line-up, freshened up interiors with new fabric and provided 2 extra speakers to the incorporated audio system with a remote control."

And according to this thread in our forum: "FIAT has started providing better speakers and 2013 model cars have a speaker set up which is almost at par with that of Figo"

So, I think it makes sense to make sure that this car is the updated model.
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    I own 2 FIATs and both were 1 year old and standing somewhere in the yard for some good 1 year.
    havent faced any issues and had received good discounts upto 90k to 1 lakhs on each car.

what I suggest is, tell them they didn't disclose its 2013 Feb model, each March or April new VIN starts so you have better stand to bargain !!

secondly don't worry about anything like tyre. Battery etc all these gets covered under warranty infact my 2009 GP is still running strong on stock tyres till date and have covered some 35k kms already and will run another 10k easily.

Battery died but it was like 2 years from purchase date !! Essentially it gave 3 years of service.

In short, go for the kill and enjoy your car !! And by the way OB is a fantastic color !! Good luck
  4. CK2608

CK2608 Novizio

Bangalore
    Probably wants to push the old stock...

- - - Merged Post - - -

Sure I will try to enquire the 2014 offers on emotion and 90HP when I go for PDI of this one.
  5. CK2608

CK2608 Novizio

Bangalore
    Thanks Cubbie... Its kinda reassuring to listen to your words.. Hoping there is no issue with this one... btw anything extra you did in the PDI knowing that your car was a year old manufactured...

- - - Merged Post - - -

Sure. I will try to enquire the 2014 offers on emotion and 90HP when I go for the PDI.
  6. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Look out for Scratches on the body and missing pieces of tool kit and spare bulbs. As Ravi said, observe the H reading on the ODO meter ! That's the tell tale sign if car not being run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  7. madroxx

madroxx

Chennai
    CK2608
    I think by default there is a cash discount of 1Lakh on both Punto and Linea. Recently I booked a Punto 90HP in Chennai for 7.4 Lakhs inclusive of all accessories and Seat covers. So bargain hard.

8. CK2608

CK2608 Novizio

Bangalore
    congrats madroxx :) and yeah in Karnataka the taxes are a little more.. I will try to bargain hard
  9. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    @CK,yes in karnataka the tax collected by govt is more than TN,so bargain hard as your car is one year old manufactured.
    My dad bought a pre owned Punto in July 2012 which was manufactured in April 2011,the first owner had purchased the car on jan 25th 2012 & the car was manufactured on April 2011 & dispatched to dealer in June 2011.So he got Punto with huge discounts.
    As said by members look out for scratches,H sign on odo,check tyres,check if rust is collected inside the hood or in doors & check if all the mechanicals things are working fine or not.Dont worry nothing major will happen if your car is one year old manufactured.
    Our Punto was lying in dealership yard for 7 months & till today no major problems occured.
  10. CK2608

CK2608 Novizio

Bangalore
    Thanks Ahmed.. its a little relief to listen to all you members here that are saying that one year old does not matter as long as some of the mentioned points get cleared in PDI.
    1 person likes this.