1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vibrations while doing high speeds....

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Naughty, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Joseph

Joseph Novizio

Seems to be balancing or alignment issue. I had the same issue, and got the stock tyres worn out on a 2000 km trip.
  2. Teki8055

Thanks for the info

This is a dormant post, but I can't help thanking for the info on Hub caps.
    I too purchased the same Hijoin HRS H 466 model (the same that Naughty has) from Sai Mag Wheels for my Punto Dynamic, and was observing vibrations for quite some time at speeds 70 to 80 kmph. Then I stepped on this post and contacted the shop if they had hub caps in stock. They mentioned that they have sold many alloys for Punto and no complaint have been reported so far. I purchased a set of 4 (67.1-58.1mm0 from ebay UK and the vibrations seems to have vanished.
    I painted the hubs also since they have started to rust.
    My car has clocked 12000 Kms. 3 of my JK stock tyres are now showing signs of uneven wear on one side.
    One guy at an MRF shop told me that this could be problem with the stock tyres itself as the balancing and alignment readings from Fiat service centre were all in green.

Thanks a Ton to Roy and others for sharing the idea of Hub Centric caps.
  3. Please make sure that the 2 pins attached to the wheel hubs are removed before installing after market alloys. These pins will not allow perfect seating of wheels to the wheel hub. I experienced this issue and after removing the pins the ride is perfect.