1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vibrations while doing high speeds....

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Naughty, Jun 25, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Why not reduce the tire pressure and see any difference is there. As you mentioned hard tire + more air pressure may be causing vibration.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I'm already running on 30psi ...
    You want me to go still lower ?I feel it might be too less
    Let me check all other parameters then decide
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If it is 30 then air pressure is ruled out. I will advice now to get help from a professional alignment shop. May the wheel balancing is not proper.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wheel Balancing or any bent to alloy is the one you should go for...
  5. hi yesterday i went to a engineering workshop and got customized hub centric rings made. Unfortunately, i could get only 2 nos as 2 jobs became scarp when the outer dia was made 2mm smaller than what was required. today morning got the 2 rings installed in my front alloys and it was literally perfect for my alloys. After that i took a short drag in my car and touched 110kmph and there was no vibration at all :D ...... by next week i will get another two for my rear alloys as well.... the specification of the rings are as follows:
    Inner diameter: 58.1mm
    outer diameter: 73.1mm
    Height of the cylinder: (73.1-58.1)/2 = 7.5mm (this dimension was so perfect that it was flushing with the outer face of the alloys :)
    Material of the rings: Mild Steel.

I would like to say special thanx to naughty for his support and making me things pretty clear and royj for doing research over the internet and sharing his deep knowledge int his forum. His calculations did a lot of help to me. And ya ... I am posting the pics of the rings.
    PIC043.jpg PIC044.jpg PIC045.jpg
    2 people like this.
  6. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Hey Abhinav....

Buddy you are most welcome... anytime... We all are here to help each-other...

Dont post only hub rings' pics... We want to see your Car and Your alloys as well...

Bring it on...

Cheers...

Neel. :up
    1 person likes this.
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Glad to be of help Abhinav :drinks
    1 person likes this.
  8. here are pics of my beauties!!
    PIC046.jpg PIC047.jpg PIC048.jpg PIC049.jpg PIC050.jpg
    2 people like this.
  9. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Hey Abhinav...

Alloys are looking nice...
    Did you get Hub Rings installed in all 4 wheels now?
    Did you get rid of Vibrations now? I am curious to know the outcome because you have 100 PCD alloys...

Cheers...

Neel :up
  10. Hey Neel!!

Only at front two wheels i have got hub rings installed... rear wheels are yet to get them ;)
    Upto 140kmph i have tested and the vibrations are not there at all :dancing . will soon them them installed them at rear wheels.

cheers...

Abhinav :cool :drinks