1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vibrations while doing high speeds....

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Naughty, Jun 25, 2012.

1. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Naughty your alloy wheels design is same as that of mine. Get hub-centric rings installed on all 4 wheels. You can buy from hub-centrin rings.com
    Get the balancing also done after that. The problem should be solved.
  2. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    thanks alot RoyJ and SoccerFan....

Well... I just wanted to update... I went to the fellow from whom I purchased these alloys and he called and discussed this issue with some Master Wheel alignment-balancing guy and That guy was the of the opinion that let the car Run around 2500 Km. after the alloys installed on it and then do any correction in the balancing-alignment and take a trial and if still does not rectifies then should go for hub-centric rings for the rear wheels as well...

But I guess after reading RoyJ's & Soccerfan's valuable suggestions here, I would straight away go for Hub-Rings for the rear wheels as well....

Regards,

Neel
  3. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    No need to run for 2500 kms and cause some unwanted damage. Install the rings as soon as you can get hold of them :)
  4. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I wouldn't suggest to wait for 2500km.. that could cause more problems..
    as roay and Soccerfan suggested.. get Hub centric on all four wheels..

as as Roy pointed out.. did u have the same spoiler before the alloy upgrade..??
    i have read that spoiler will cause problems, esp if they are after market.. and considering yours.. its too tall and very different from other after market spoilers available.. the spoiler u have are designed for sedans..
  5. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Spoiler was installed before the alloys upgrade... and that time too I tried doing high speeds on Ahmedabad - Rajkot highway... Its a superb road as well... and had no Vibrations at that time...
    More over... this spoiler is not that tall... you can view the side profile pic in the first post i have attached... I agree to the fact its not the one which is attached to the roof linearly like OEM one but I liked this one over that... moreover this spoiler is not made for sedans... its designed for Punto itself... I have seen the spec on Box and even plastic cover it had...

But yeah... I need to get hub rings installed in rear wheels thats for sure and even Have to get them balanced again once Hub Rings are installed in it...And yeah in the above posted post i mentioned that i will straight away go for the hub rings for rear wheels... I meant I will not wait for those 2500 Km. to be done on odo....

Thanks for your valuable input Thomman :)
  6. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Yes, you should be going for Hub centric rings when you go for after market alloys. I had the same problem with vibrations when I changed mine.

Just an additional check- please make the sure the hub centric rings you have on the front wheels have the correct inner and outer diameter. You can take a look at my thread for further information.
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  7. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Thanks Mate...:up
  8. Tellmepleaze

Tellmepleaze Amatore

Cochin
    Please come and report once your problem is sorted out, so that it will useful for me too. I want to do either GC kit or tire up-gradation for more GC.
  9. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Yess... sure.... will surely update it once the problem is rectified... :)
  10. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @ All
    I run with STOCK wheels in my 2012 PUNTO1.3MJD. I gave the car for my first service, from then I felt that the car was getting dragged to the left while driving # 80kmph+, steering wheel misalignment (Inclined when wheels are straight) and steering wheel vibrations at 100-110 (anything above that speed is cool).

So I tried correcting the problem with TASS @ Madurai, Tamilnadu. But useless guys wasted my time and effort. When I was back to Bangalore, I went to VIJAI Wheel alignment & balancing guys (JP NAGAR, NEXT to DELMIA circle) on last saturday. They tried showing me the uneven tyre wear during the wheel balancing (However I could not physical notice nor feel:-?), added weights and then did the alignment(during the process they changed the FRONT WHEELS and put one of them at the BACK, etc). After 2 test drives and further aligning they said the issue is been resolved. I could not check if the issue of HIGH SPEED VIBRATIONS been resolved or not as I was driving only in city traffic where in I could not even dream of crossing 50KMPH :(. This morning I strated from Bangalore to Madurai, when I was driving at 110-120, the vibrations are still there.

This being the state, do you guys think it is the problem with the WHEEL BALANCING & ALIGNMENT? Or something else could be the reason? Or is it NORMAL? If the vote is for Wheel Balancing & Alignment, then I will take the car by next week sometime to the same guy and try getting it resolved.

Need of your expert suggestions.