1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vibrations while doing high speeds....

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Naughty, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Dear Friends,

Once again I need your valuable suggestions, inputs and help....

I have 1.3 Emotion FGP... I have replaced stocked RIMS with Alloys of 98 pcd 14"...

PFAP
    IMG02987-20120618-1152.jpg IMG02975-20120610-1911.jpg
    When i tried doing high speeds after installing the new alloys and found my car vibrating after 110 KMPH...
    I went back to the fellow from whom I purchased the Alloys and complained him, he said you gotta install hub rings to it... he said it will be fine if I will go for hub Rings in front 2 wheels... Installed'em...

Now on last saturday I went to Baroda for some work and on the expressway I again tried to do high speeding....
    I again felt car started vibrating at 140 kmph and at 160 kmph it was scary,,,,,

:confused: Anyone has any solution to this prob??? :anyone

Regards,

Neel
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Naughty,
    me too same feeling the same.
    i'm thinking to get done with the wheel balancing and also wheel alignment !
  3. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    I have already got Balancing and alignment done... rectified few errors... But still it does vibrate at high speeds even after putting Hub rings in front 2 wheels...

Any inputs from our highly honored and experienced senior TFIan to this problem faced by Ganges and Me ???

plz... plz....
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Which brand of alloy?
    If alloy wheels are of any delhi made brand or duplicate brand,this problem may occur.

Car accessory shop owners deceive customers by canvassing in the name of "Imoported Goods". Business of car accessory runned by selling 75% spurious & sub-standerd quality goods.

Confirm that alloy are of 98 PCD. AURA of Hindalco , NEO are the reputed brands of alloy wheels.
    Get the wheel balanced at another tyre shop.
    Some time we have to do balancing for 2-3 times to achieve error-free balancing.

If problem persist visit Tata ASS.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

you were naughty enough to change the stock alloys:dancing
    Think you should take it to some good alloy shop & get it checked again.
    Problem seems to be because of different alloys.
  6. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

7. Tellmepleaze

Tellmepleaze Amatore

Cochin
    1. Any addition, alteration esp. on vital parts like wheel, body, engine could cause some 'different feeling' on any vehicle by default, in most cases we may not feel it.

2. Almost all passenger cars, except racing, custom made high priced ones, after 120kms vibration starts to some extend, because passenger cars are made for driving with speed limits, that is below 100kms.
    Compared to the many other cars I driven, Linea is much better, we feel very slight vibration after 120/ 130. It is natural, it is a passenger car.(I didnt drive Punto, but never heard vibration problem.)

3. In your case the reason must be what bhai explained above. MOSTLY alignment and balancing are the cause, if used the right Alloys.
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
  9. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    you are right VJ V1... I was going through that thread only...

I guess I will request RoyJ if he can suggest some solution to it...

Anyways... thanks for you time and inputs buddy....

Cheers...

Neel:up

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

alignment and balancing are already done at 2 different most reputed guys...

And yeah... I never used to get any sort of vibrations till 165 + KMPH with 5 on board... and all those 4 were like :eek: and honestly i was proud of it:rolleyes:
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Naughty, I got your pm.
    Yes, you will need Hub centric rings for any aftermarket alloys.
    From the pictures I see they are HRS and same design as that of Soccerfan. In that case you will need hub centric rings of the size 67.1-58.1mm.

Also I have doubts about the influence of the spoiler/air dam, especially at speeds of 140-160, that too might cause stability issues if they are not designed properly.
    1 person likes this.