1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vibrations after 100 km/h

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Aviator, Dec 14, 2012.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    11,000 kms and you havent yet experienced the real turbo kick of the MJD :shocked. Appreciate your resistance. Because, with my Punto, I could only resist till 1,500 kms. After that couldnt stop myself from letting her fly :evilsmile
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    avg of 22Kmpl for that speed is less as compared to my punto :D with that speed i get 24 Kmpl. hope the car was not loaded.
    both the brake pads are jam or only one brake pad ?

- - - Merged Post - - -

you got some serious angel wings :D
  3. punto_raj

punto_raj Timido

Bangalore
    I too observed engine noise beyond 110KMPH speed . The sound is very much audible with windows closed, AC on and music on . and it comes down to zero at 80/90KMPH .
    Also i observed accelerator pedal is harder beyond 100KMPH. i need to press so hard to touch 120KMPH . Need experts advice . Is it normal behavior ? i am new to car just two months old on driving. And i took delivery of my Grande Punto MJD during Aug14.
    I got mileage of 21KMPL for onward and return journey from Bangalore to Pondicherry via Salem.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is not normal, Punto (75HP) oes easily till 130-140, and then it starts losing its Punch, but will go beyond this speed.
    Since your's is Aug'14, I guess it would have run little, wait for sometime, but if it continues, get it checked at service center.
  5. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I own 90HP, but I never noticed it. In fact I have driven it at 150+ speed many times. I can observe only change in steering behavior which becomes heavier (and it should :))..........If you contact service center they may not be interested to investigate in-depth. In know they will def say sir there is no problem. In that case get the noise analysed from a good mechanic of a local garage.