1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vibrations after 100 km/h

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Aviator, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You can easily find the difference of engine grunt after 120Kmph, i mean this gradually increases and ofcourse it should increase.
    during my last 4 th visit to service center i asked the service advisor about this vibration and the engine grunt after 120kmph and also shown him the air filter plastic cover which use to vibrate more.after service i have checked the plastic cover vibration (during idle rpm) its not there now.

The engine have gone more lighter i feel,still not yet tried above 110 Kmph,may be this friday on Expway i will try.

its very hard to understand this MJD engine, as growing old the car itselves the engine is going younger.loving each and every KM i drive...
    1 person likes this.
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Its a Alignment problem please get these done :
    1. All Wheel Balancing
    2. Wheel Alignment
    3. Steering adjustment
  3. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    What is Steering adjustment??
  4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

When the front tyres are straight. The steering must be straight

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thats no way near to vibrations...

Steering wheel is the master here and it just sends the commands i.e rotate right or left and not the vibrations and inreturn gets the feedback about the workdone which is top notch in our fiats.

- - - Merged Post - - -

the worry should be with final element i.e our wheels:-Tires;Steel rim alloys. which are prone to hits'tire treads'etc etc.To rectify this we need Wheel alignment and Wheel Balancing.
  6. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I also want to know one more thing that after tire rotation, do we again need to do wheel alignment and Wheel balancing??
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The tyres which come to the front will need to be balanced, although it's never a bad idea to have all four balanced.

If the alignment is fine at present, you wouldn't need to change it after rotation.
  8. Dipesh_enr

Dipesh_enr Amatore

Mumbai
    I don't know if i am right but is it possible that because i haven't pushed my engine beyond 2000 rpm, i am experiencing this? I mean some sort of opening up of engine? P.S I have clocked 11000 kms.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    No, not at all. You can redline the engine when new and you won't feel a thing. :)

11,000 is loads. Let the engine breathe. Work it hard, but safely, on some open highways when you get the chance.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Dipesh_enr

Dipesh_enr Amatore

Mumbai
    I have given it to ASS today guru. Hope the engine noise comes down. When i called they were checking the brake pads for Jam. It makes a lot of noise post 110 kmph and struggles thereafter. But on the contrary i am getting average of 22 kmpl when i drive at 80-90 kmph.