1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vibrations after 100 km/h

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Aviator, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Dude i am facing same kind of problem. In my car, vibrations starts at about 2300 RPM. I too don't feel doing 110kmph or more due to vibrations in A pedal but engine sound is normal, i think. My car is just 40 days old and has done 3200 KM till now.

Did you mentioned this problem in your service???
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  2. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Aviator, talk to Mr. OP Sharma and find when he can have a look on your car. Better to take your beauty to FASC :)
  3. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @AVIATOR, as said by sungoa, check your break pads & disc for the particular behavior. If both of them are fine then just get your break pads cleaned; this could get your problem solved. Although if vibrations are sever then i would recommend to get your break pads/discs changed accordingly.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Is it steering vibration or accelerator?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  5. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    For vibrations after 80kmph, check your alloys for uneven bend or damage or bulge to tyres.

One solution is to try rotating wheels Front to back and checkif vibrations still exist. Ofcourse, Wheel balancing as required.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Just the accelerator pedal vibrates.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Dude i would love to take my beauty to FASC but right now i am in Mumbai and i will be there for atleast 2 months more. BTW where is FASA in NCR?? I have heard that it's in Noida....
  7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

If you are in mumbai with your car book an appointment with TCRS. I assure you they are good.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  8. Dipesh_enr

Dipesh_enr Amatore

Mumbai
    Even i am thinking of going to TCRS after the reviews. This guys at Balaji dont know much i guess. When i asked them to take another Punto for a TD after mine the guy was very smart to keep the engine RPM at 2500 on 3rd gear and said "Sir isme bhi itna hi aawaz hai". Moreover he says that the vibrations are because of alignment issue. I just had 2nd free service 5 days back at the same ASS and balancing and alignment was done in front of me, so there must not be any issue regarding alignment and balancing.

- - - Merged Post - - -

The engine noise is such that it feels the engine's going to burst:( although i know it wont. Anyone around Mira-Bhayander on TFI?
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thats normal about the engine sound.@120kmph and @ 160kmph the engine grunt is not listenable.drive with comfortable speed.Better check for wheel alignment most of the time it is the culprit
    check for any alloy wheel bents or any major body under hits.

- - - Merged Post - - -

to know the difference drive any other diesel car and analyse the engine sound above @120kmph
  10. Dipesh_enr

Dipesh_enr Amatore

Mumbai
    Do you mean engine grunt is more only at both 120 & 160kmph? or is it that the engine grunt is more @120kmph & not listenable @160kmph speed?

- - - Merged Post - - -

It was a busy road yesterday evening so couldn't go above 100 where the real problem starts. The car runs butter smooth until 100 kmph.