1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vibrations after 100 km/h

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Aviator, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi All, I drove my Punto Sport to Mumbai from Delhi on 9th December and realized the real power of 90HP engine on the highways. The engine was super smooth below 100 Km/h and surprisingly it felt like a petrol engine. Engine noise and vibrations were on lowest levels. Total distance covered was 1550 KM and the fuel consumption was 22.3 Kmpl. Most of the times i tried to maintain 80-90 Km/h but whenever i took her above 100 Km/h i felt slight/fine vibration on the accelerator pedal. I just want to ask if this is normal...

Cheers
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is not normal. Many of us here have driven at more higher speeds than this. Your car may need an inspection.
  3. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks man for a quick reply.....I will definitely take the car to TASS in the coming week. My car has done just 2800 KM, i wonder what could be the problem :confused:
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Couldn't guess anything. Do you also experience wobbling on the steering post 100 kmph?
  5. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I had the following additional issues also but i didn't mention them because i found the causes after searching the forum.

1) The steering shakes slightly at 70+ Km/h after applying breaks.

2) The car slightly goes on left side when i take my hands off steering.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Both these are clearly the issues with alignment and balancing. Get this checked during your first service.
  7. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes i will get it done in coming week but the issue i mentioned is different. I start feeling engine like vibration on accelerator pedal only, not on steering. The steering only shakes while breaking.
  8. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    100% its a alignment & balancing issue...get it checked..
  9. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    thanks man...i will get it done this week and will post the results.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    This doesn't look like an alignment issue. Any way get it done if it still persist check the brake pads and discs.