1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vibrational noises during acceleration in my Punto Emtion Diesel

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by sam_likes_punto, Feb 3, 2014.

1. sam_likes_punto

sam_likes_punto Novizio

mumbai
    Hi,

Of late,I have noticed a vibrational noise (rather more like a resistance) when I accelerate my Punto Emotion Diesel.

Whenever I drive my car down the slope on 2nd/3rd gear,I feel a slight resistance and a noise (as if something is hindering the car from picking up speed)

I had shown this to Balaji in Thane and they mentioned that there is no problem.But,I want to be sure if this is normal (ABS that is in play) or if this issue needs attention.

Additionally,my car bonnet holder has rusted and it seems that service centers do not paint the rusted parts. I needed your help to understand if this is correct as my vehicle's 2nd year (free and final) servicing is due soon and I want to ensure that I get the known problems fixed.

Thanks
  2. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    If you trying to turn while driving down slope, then yes ABS do create that vibrations/noise. But you should be experiencing these vibrations/pulsating at the breaks too. Do you?
  3. sam_likes_punto

sam_likes_punto Novizio

mumbai
    Hi,

The vibrations are more prominent during accelerations.

I dont really feel them that bad during braking.

Vibrations during braking due to ABS are more prominent only when I am on the first gear at slow speeds but I believe that's normal

Thanks
  4. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have a Palio too. I remember there was a noise from engine compartment when car is in 2nd/3rd gear. I dont know if this noise is the same what you are hearing. Before going to SC, I took it to couple of local garages to take opinion. Initially both the mechanics said its a dried AC belt. A mechanic lubricated it and asked me verify it for the next 2-3 days. But no relief. Then he loosened the compressor positioning screws and tightened those again. The noise went off after that. My personal opinion is before going to SC, just take opinion from good local garages and then get it fixed from SC. I don't think SC guys are willing to spend their time in these issues even when you give vehicle for a full service.