1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vibration while idling

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by soori, Jan 5, 2013.

?

Does the steering vibrate during Idling in Punto MJD?

1. Yes

31.0%
  2. No

69.0%
  1. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4

My Linea is petrol
  2. harish kotur

harish kotur Novizio

Namma Bangalore
    bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My Punto MJD and has clocked 8.2K and from past 2 days i am experiencing mild vibrations in my feet when the car is moving at normal speed(40-50). The vibration becomes more when i drove it on the patched portion of the road.

Does the vibration is from the tyres or due to the engine?
    Mine is Dynamic model which comes with tornado tyres.

My punto has Tornado tyres.
  3. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    It is very difficult to pin point the exact reason for vibration without having a look or feel of the drive.
    It could be anything as simple as stone/pebbles stuck on the tyres to more complex one as loose tie rods or any other bolts in near suspension or engine bay.
    I would suggest to check the tyres for uneven wear as well to sort out the vibration one by one.
    all the best.
  4. Jaideep Singh

Jaideep Singh Timido

Amritsar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My punto 1.3 mjd too have the same problem, some times the steering vibration at idle is so irritating. My car cabin never satisfied me in terms of noise and vibrations. I have completed 75000, each and every service has done on time from authorised service centre...please suggest me a solution.
  5. vivek kashnia

vivek kashnia Timido

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    a Mild vibration is felt at 2500 - 2700 RPM in punto diesel. But if you are feeling vibration at 1000 RPM then there can be issue with engine mounting.