1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vibration while idling

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by soori, Jan 5, 2013.

?

Does the steering vibrate during Idling in Punto MJD?

1. Yes

31.0%
  2. No

69.0%
  1. soori

soori

Dubai
    I've seen MJD which doesn't give a hint that the engine is on while touching the steering. I will inquire with the A.S.S when i drop my car for 30000 kms service next month.
  2. apt

apt Timido

vadodara
    same here, i can see the steering is literally vibes as my hands goes off the steering. even i feel that the cabin noise or may say the engine noise in the cabin is now much louder then before.my GPMJD is clocked 10000 kms now.
    Jaideep Singh likes this.
  3. cassini

cassini Novizio

Bangalore
    Germany
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The engine grunt you mentioned, I have the exact same issue past 120 kmph. But no vibration of steering while idling even though the car has just finished 6500 odd kilometers (2 months old).
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Mine has clocked 25K. Vibes are in steering at idle RPM.
  5. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    I too have the vibes on the steering wheel. Mine is a 2011 model and done 32k on the odo. I had asked the FASS to check it. The problem seems to be with the engine bed and the other bushes that comes along with it. Part has been ordered and will be replaced soon.
  6. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    In Linea Emotion Pk Petrol 25K done, I feel engine vibrations in my feet as it these are coming from the floor while in idle state. Have observed it quite a few times. The RPM needle is stable at that point of time. I would have then driven around 15 kms. Recently the clutch kit was replaced.

Is this normal?
  7. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    No responses so far. Experts please advice.
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Vibrations lowered after cleaning MAF sensor with blast of compressed air & MAF sensor cleaner
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  9. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Sir i think that silencer is getting touched with the body else chk the engine mounting (engine bed)
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    For newer cars the vibration will get reduced after covering almost 10 k kms & for older cars get you engine mountings checked.
    As Gurjinder said you should expect a little vibration from diesel engines :). Nothing much to worry about.