1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vibration while idling

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by soori, Jan 5, 2013.

?

Does the steering vibrate during Idling in Punto MJD?

1. Yes

31.0%
  2. No

69.0%
  1. soori

soori

Dubai
    Hello All,

I've Punto 90HP 2012 model. During idling the vibration can be felt from the engine in the cabin, door and most importantly on steering.. I've driven 2011 Punto 90HP (demo car) and there was no vibration whatsoever felt in the steering in the idling. It was refined as a Petrol car and engine nosue could be hardly heard incabin with the A/C on. I also drove New swift and Chevrolet Beat, if it was refined.

Is it a normal behavior with Punto or do I need to check with the A.S.S for any issue with engine mounts?
  2. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    My steering too has a very mild vibration when idle. I can feel the vibration both at my hands and right foot when I close to 2500 rpms.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Can't be sure on the internet.

Though vibes to a certain extent are expected and normal, even in our modern diesels. They are diesels after all. :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    This is quite normal. Actually as soon as you start building up kms above 10000 this reduces dramatically. Also hot engine wont vibrate as much as cold started engine.
    2 people like this.
  5. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Does that mean the car is still in run in period? mine has clocked just 9.6k.
  6. Nothing to do with run in period, in simple words the engine performs at its best after the 2nd service.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  7. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Its already over. I am getting less F.E and less performance post second service.

- - - Merged Post - - -

i suspect the engine oil level.Last time when i checked it was 2 to 3 mm above the mark if i remember correctly.
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Get your C Mountings also checked whenever you are at TASC. It's beneath the Stone Guard I guess.
    2 people like this.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I think the Multijet feels free after a few hundred km's only. I was at 3500 rpm with only 500km on the odometer.

The key is the feel - you must feel how the new engine is responding.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i had this problem of vibration in steering and also with that engine grunt aftr 120kmph both got resolved after 4 th service.
    Trust me im enjoying the car behaviour aftrr 40K kms.