1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vibration Issue With Punto

Discussion in 'Technical' started by SOOZ_P, Mar 31, 2013.

1. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Guys,

Today got a mail from Mr. Ramesh Gandhi stating the same that depending on the driving manner and driving condition, the brake pad gets damaged.

In reply, I have asked them to have a test drive with ant fiat authorized person to know the fault in my driving. if the test will go in my favor, fiat has to provide me a exact reason of this early damage of brake pad. Asked a date also for this test to Ramesh.

Now, I think I should go for the new brake pad from my pocket without a clear and definite reason soon else the vehicle may get worse if i drive with broken pad.
  2. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Guys,

Finally my vibration issue seems to be resolved. As soon as I reached KHT service station, attended my SA and took straight to Suresh. He explained about that sorry for the driving manner thing what was written in mails. He explained about the traffic condition in Bangalore and told many punto owners have changed in 5K Kms too. Finally I argued about the reason of my case and they assured that I will be informed in 20 mins. As promised, I was called after around 30 mins and explained that the brake pad is not the issue but the disc is gone because of uneven surface. I went to my vehicle and they showed me that and I touched it and yes, there is certainly a uneven surface. They told that they will replace that with warranty, but it will be better if i change the break pad too. Then I argued why i should do it, as this is not a brake pad issue. They told that the existing brake pad has aroung 2000 KM life at max, so i have to replace in 6 mnths and also the existing ones may hurt the new disc. Hence, i agreed to change the brake pad from my side but with no labor charges(400 rupees). They told that keep the old pads which i can use it in emergency situations. Also i was assured that everything will be fine and they will check in another 1000 KM as a free service. The cost I paid for brake pad is 3210 rupees and the discs are replaced under warranty. Drove the vehicle to office after 4 hrs of time and came to home, i felt my punto as if brand new. Enjoyed each minute of it. Ah forgot to mention, they made the washing also free of cost. Let's see what happens next.
    Though I paid the money, still I am satisfied with KHT service and Fiat response. Today morning got a mail from Ramesh (Fiat) stating sorry for the driving manner thing and asked KHT GM to look into the issue personally and let him know in case of any abnormal thing.
    I am about to write a last mail to them on this issue.

Thanks to all members for their constant support to resolve this issue. Some Pics attached. IMG084.jpg IMG086.jpg IMG087.jpg

Cheers!
    1 person likes this.