1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vibration Issue With Punto

Discussion in 'Technical' started by SOOZ_P, Mar 31, 2013.

1. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi guys,
    Today I visited the KHT motors and they told that they will check with Mr. Ramesh who is the FIAT Technical dept. head and will let me know tomorrow. When I asked about the warranty, they checked about my car buying year and then could not speak much. The mechanic came and the engineer asked him to take the vehicle and check. But the mechanic guy told he already took the test drive and this is not a new issue so definitely the parts have to be changed.Finally it is decided that, they will call me tomorrow eve about the warranty and i have to go on Monday to get it replaced. Mostly what i predicted that they will do it with Warranty as the odo did not touch 10K yet. Update you guys soon.
  2. narayanankm

narayanankm

Bangalore
    3 weeks back I had similar problem. When brakes are applied a wierd sound will come from the from tyre and it migt continue for some time even after brakes are released. Since ther were no fiat service center, I had to show it to a authourised tata motors service centre. When the brake shoe is over this sound comes and it will jam the wheel. So solution is to replace it. They told 3300/-(genuine fiat brake shoe) for the brake shoe and some 500/- for service. But they were not able to get genuine and had to put a TVS brake shoe which costed only 2200/-. I now running on the TVS one. But therewas no mention of the liquid
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How is the performance of these TVS brake pads? Which Tata service did you approach?
  4. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Guys,

Just now called the KHT SA Bharat to know my status. He told that the technical person from Fiat refused to give the break pad under warranty, however the break discs will be replaced under warranty. He told me to conatct Shivram from KHT who can give me a clear picture. I spoke with him too but the result is same. He told if it is 3000 or 5000 KM, they would have replaced it with warranty. Now including labor charge it will cost me 3750 rupees (3300+450). Immediately i called the FIAT mumbai number and got the mail id to escalate this issue. I dropped a mail to mangesh.kodalkar@fiat.com asking the same as per the instruction. Let's see what they say. Is it worth to spend this money now from my pocket or I should force fiat to do it under warranty?
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  5. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Am assuming you are still left with warranty,if yes then get it changed under warranty.dont shell out money from your pocket.
  6. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got a response from Mangesh too saying the same that wear and tear items will not cover under warranty. However, they will be get back to me as soon as possible. He has also CCed KHT GM suresh and Ramesh Gandhi and few other mails in the response. Do not know how to deal with it. Any suggestions?
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    All them for a written explanation why the brake pads wear out in just 10k kms.
    Are the brake pads totally worn out???
    If no then just remove few microns by using a rough 150 number polish paper. Get the brake discs in warranty. Don't worry if pads are not worn out
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I got the same problem. Violent judder on the steering wheel when braking at significant speeds. Finally solved by replacing both the discs and the pads.

nedava6e.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    ^^ that weird issue does not get resolved by replacing the discs. It's just temp relief that you are seeing. It will return after a few 1000 kms. Atleast, it did in my case. They replaced discs twice but the issue returned. Got the hubs as well as discs replaced last week. Hoping that the issue is resolved now, fingers crossed. Just a matter of clocking a few 1000 kms now.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2.
  10. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have replied to Mangesh asking for an explanation while other Punto owners replacing the brake pad in minimum of 15000KM in Bangalore, how come mine is gone well within 10000KM. Let's see the response.