1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vibration Issue With Punto

Discussion in 'Technical' started by SOOZ_P, Mar 31, 2013.

1. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Guys,

I got the first real issue of my Punto since December, 2011 the day i bought it. When I applied breaks yesterday, suddenly the steering wheel vibrated a lot and felt as if the whole car vibrates. I am sure that I have not applied the break so hard. However, after around 1 hr, the breaks behaved normal. I am not sure quite what happened there.
    surprise.gif I found another problem with my right ORVM. It is creating a sound while the vehicle in running condition as if something vibrates and this is other than the breaking issue.

Please help guys.

Thanks in Advance
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Sooz, check wheel alignment, balancing and also break pads condition.
    1 person likes this.
  3. linuxmanju

linuxmanju

Bangalore
    Could be a case of ABS kicking in , It's a bit scary first time ( ABS ), You feel that the earth is opening up and is going to eat you alive :) . But don't worry It's normal and you will get used to it over the period of time. Could you confirm if you car is an ABS equipped one ?. If so then it's a good thing it only means that ABS is working effectively .
  4. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, my car is ABS equipped. I visited to the FIAT dealer and the service person confirmed after a test drive that it's the break pad and break disc causing the issue. That has to be replaced. Now they are quoting it 6K. Also suggested that the car has to be used atleast 3 to 4 days a week else the break pad is damaged by some liquid.
    Punto i owned in December, 2011. So any warranty i can avail? Is the 6K estimate is the correct thing?
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ABS should no way be near to the steering vibration problem.
    it is all about the wheel alignment,wheel balancing and brake pads.

What does it means ?
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. linuxmanju

linuxmanju

Bangalore
    :-o what liquid ??.. Is he serious ?. Can you ask him to explain please.
  7. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Definitely I will ask him on friday, the day i am taking my punto to Sevice center and will let you know.
  8. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I dont think so. When ABS kicks in only the brake pedal vibrates a bit.
    How can a liquid damage hard things like brake pads? They might have mistaken it to the rust on the surface of the disc.
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/pre-sales-query/7165-rusted-discs-pls-advise.html
  9. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    Get the Rotors and pads replaced under warranty. I am sure about this issue.
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I have had experienced hard braking without ABS there isn't any vibration except me vibrating inside, nothing moved not even the steering . So please get it checked for Alignment errors and brake pad conditions.