1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vespa LX125

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Dec 23, 2012.

1. With MRF i faced skiding issues even on perfectly sane roads,with CEAT i am able to drive confidently.
    Actually i was looking for soft compound tubeless tire as i am bitten by Michelin bug. Not available easily.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    completed the first service. Service guy came to my home and did the first servicing. Costed me around 600/- though it should have been a free service. Cost break up

Out station charges : 300/-
    travel fare: 200/-
    Food charges: 100/-

I think that i would have incurred the same charges if i had driven down to the service centre which is 140 kms away. At least i have saved a day and a lots of energy. But on the contrary lost the pleasure of riding.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If 140kms away then its OK :)
  4. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    140 kms one way!!!!. Glad to know that one more SC is coming up which is 90 kms away.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @sathishgv

Vespa-s are superbly built and very very reliable. Apart from cold kick-start uneasiness in the depths of the delhi winter chill...my yellow VX125's been sweet. Hope your experience is similar.

My south delhi dealer, a good one, has shut down, though, and moreover the Gurgaon one is not good enough imo. But there are other good ones in delhi ncr: i don't mind the 45 km each way from South of delhi (Gurgaon) to the Far East (Karkardooma) one bit, though: driving it on Delhi's high speed roads at non-rush-hour is just FUN! Increasingly: I use it much more than the t-jet!

Your SA arrangement sounds good enough to me, then! A well-serviced Vespa, like with Fiats only more so, will last pleasurably forever.

cheers, enjoy
    mangeshtendulkar and asimpleson like this.
  6. I have switched to AZIP ENI 5w-40 synthetic oil, with 3M engine oil additive.
    Also adding about 1.5 ml of shell 2T with petrol. Engine runs lot quite and torque has gone up,FE is around 50 in Bangalore city and 62 kmpl in long drives,I am yet to do long drive after above changes
    Cost is AZIP is 680/- +50 for additive.
    2T oil a liter costed me 267/-
    jumu and prabhjot like this.
  7. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
  8. Vespa has highest compression of 10.1 so low end torque is better,fuel efficiency is good for a 125 cc.
    It handles like a motorbike although my wife doesn't agree.
    Can put many 100cc bikes to shame on top speed and acceleration.
    Total metal monocoque chassis,very minimal plastics.
    A great scooter to own.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Good to see you Sat. :)

I did hear similar review from one of my friend who owns Vespa. He is extremely happy with it.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Agreed! Delighted to hear you're happy with the Vespa, and your wife?

Except that I'd say you've been slightly reserved in your praise for it: puts all 100cc bikes and most 125 cc bikes to shame, esp for torque till about 80kph. Of course the cvt helps.

Handles much better than a motorbike at low to moderate speeds, given its shorter wheelbase. If only we had better tyre options for scooters in India, though.

Much much more refined a chassis (i.e., monocoque) than any made-for-Indian-mass-market motorbike (or scooter).

But no match for any bike if the roads are too potholed/rutted/uneven/missing.

No?