1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vespa LX125

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Dec 23, 2012.

1. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    How's the engine compared to Activa? I thought both engines were CVT only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. This scooter is not for those who ride slow, as engine feels good after 45 kmph and gives 50+ kmpl even though driven hard. I allow the scooter build up speed and cruise at 60 kmph with very little throttle and it returns me 58-60 kmpl.it is gearbox magic.

one issue even though scooter is warmed still need to pull the choke at the time of stating in traffic signals. there seems to valve to control the fuel flow that gets working only when pull the choke and start .it seems to be by design. I get low FE some times as i forget to push the choke back. at that time it take two liters to touch touch 60 kms
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Sat, yesterday when I too a drive, they took out a show room piece, disconnected odo cable, and I started it without choke. Hit self, twist throttle slightly, and off. Could it be a vehicle that was run in properly? :p

4. Check the tire if the scooter has run, can't hide the tire wear.
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Going to book vespa. I m in the showroom. As usual I flopped in bargaining and nothing is free apart from the offer provided by vespa. Checked the vehicle details and its july 2013 manufactured vehicle. Gone for washing

Sent from my Micromax A50 using Tapatalk 2
    prabhjot, l13mjd and Sat-Chit-ananda like this.
  6. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Quick question: how do you know it's July 2013? And hey, try another dealer some other place and put them against each other in a price war...!

7. Activa is 2 valve engine with out any variable spark ignition.CVT is transmission type not Engine.
    Vespa engine packs lot of punch than Activa,in fact i get past many motor bike in ring road,one should see the disbelief in his/her face.

- - - Merged Post - - -

This calls for party.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Vespa รจ arrivato :dance

Took delivery of vespa yesterday from 3S motors, bhubaneshwar. My vespa was 127 not out in its debut run. The song which came to my mind was from Khiladi 786

"Party sharty karenge, Party sharty karenge, Party sharty karenge karenge aaj tere naal, Dynamite teri-meri jodi soniye

Ghodi chadhke ni aaya main,
    Gaddi soni-soni laaya main, Ghodi chadhke ni aaya main, Gaddi soni soni laaya main,

Long drive pe chal chal chal, Long drive pe chal chal chal, Long drive pe chal mere naal soniye Ni mere naal soniye"

- - - Merged Post - - -

Sure buddy.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    2 people like this.
  9. Got an SMS from Vespa wishing about her first birthday!! What a plasent suprise.

Also an update on FE,got 243 kms for 4 lts of shell petrol.that's whopping 60.75 in bangalore traffic.
    When filled at other petrol bunks it seem to get little less.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sat..Do you think tyre upgrade is mandatory as i could observe that factory fitted are so thin?