1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vespa LX125

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Dec 23, 2012.

1. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think i saw MRF tires in the vehicles that i saw in the showroom. They said it was tubeless in vx and tubes in lx
  2. IMG_20131012_145600.jpg
    Got iridium plugs for my Italian beauty

- - - Merged Post - - -

IMG_20131012_145516.jpg
    Now after the change no more starting problems, starts at the first kick in the morning.
    During downhill, no need to keep throttle engine is stays on with out it.
    Response has increased also refinement.
    Best gift one can give to their scooter.
    1 person likes this.
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Planning to buy vespa this weekend. :dance:dance. Will post pictures if my plan materialize. Sat any particular issue that i need to take care of?
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ask for rear seat bracket with hand holding facility, and get right round guard.
    I got these two as free. Initial 1500 kms please donor push the scooter too much and avoid double riding. Don't worry about mileage until 1500 kms as fuel is set rich by default.
    Start with choke on in the morning or when the engine is cold.
    Donot forget to get the tool kit. Ask for Vespasian merchandise or helmets. I doubt they offer anything complimentary.
    1 person likes this.
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you sat. Let me try my skill of hard bargaining (as a fact i am not good in bargaining). What is "right round guard"? Anyway you will be guiding me to change the settings later so that i can get payback of my initial low mileage till 1500 kms ;). Isn't it?
  6. Right round guard is the steel pipe which acts like fender for area for entire seat.Vespa just needs a Tappent adjust ment after say 1000 kms once and switch to iridium after 3rd service.Please donot let thos service center guys to tamper factory setting on carburetor.Just allow them to set the idling RPM noting more like air/fuel mixture.

Drive slowly in first 1500 kms, which will make the scooter run on lower gears but it is essential during run-in period since scooter doesn't have RPM meter.Only issue what i still haven't figured out is how to clean the air filter.it seems to little tough job from outside.
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you sat. I think it would not be too much for me to ask for some pictures of your vespa :mrgreen:
  8. What i was referring as RRG is the steel pipe kind of stuff just above the foot rest. Also rear seat bracket has handle for people sitting in the back as well as helps in pulling the scooter backwards.

36847d1356262105-vespa-lx125-dscn2197.jpg

This was during delivery of the scooter.
    I got the rear seat handle changed by them to this one,this seat bracket is better as it provides support to who ever sits in back as well as holding/pull/pushing of the scooter.

IMG_20131022_115320.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Sat, you got a blue vespa? I looked at it yesterday and even took a trial of yellow vespa vx.. Blue didn't quite match my Linea blue, so no..

Yellow one was good.. Drive and everything.. Handle seemed a little higher than Activas and Eternos. Seat was amazingly good. So firmly perfect. Price.. 82900 on road! Are they kidding me? I'm gonna have to check out Ahmedabad and Vadodara pricing... Plus accessories, who knows! This scooter is 50 percent costlier than others ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Yes, Vespa is concentrating only on the premium segment.I brought it for the sole reason of reliability and longevity compared to other scooters in the market.