1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vespa LX125

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Hi ,
    I am Sat-Chit-ananda's wife.we bought a Vespa yesterday.I just wanted to share the news with my husband's extended family Team FIAT:)
    Decision to buy Vespa: We had a Hero Honda Pleasure, although a good vehicle I was getting 54kmpl mileage and cheap to maintain, never satisfied with its pickup as it used to struggle with 2 people onboard. Since Vespa came to market, I was a little skeptical about the engine refinement. One of my husband’s friend bought a Vespa, I was impressed with the ride quality but again the price tag was around 80K in Bangalore on road. But after about one and half months with about 2000Kms on odometer the same Vespa was lot more refined and felt powerful.
    So we asked my husband’s friend Shashi to get a quote for our pleasure after enquiring in Square Auto showroom who are one of the dealers in Bangalore(Lalbagh Road) they quoted 21K for my 2008 model Pleasure but after the introduction of my hubby as an auto journalist in VIJAYA NEXT(Kannada weekly),the deal got finalized for 24K. After paying the balance amount of Rs48,786/- they promised us to deliver the vehicle on Friday. But one of the guys from the showroom called and requested us to wait till Saturday as they will hand over the vehicle with number plate, and finally we got our vehicle on Saturday morning (yet to receivenumber plate).
    We got its accessories free of cost. Perimeter guard which costs about Rs1800/-
    Salient features are complete metal body (85%).Its a monocoque chasis with MAP sensor to provide variable spark timing.May be surprised the idling RPM is just 700.hard to find any cheap plastics like my earlier Pleasure,even the plastics used are fully painted (except the one beneath the seat).there are lot thinner than one found on Pleasure.But the strength of the material seems lot better plastics on Pleasure.
    Scooter is biased towards ride quality rather than handling but who wants to be a Valentino Rossi on a scooter?
    DSCN2193.jpg

DSCN2157.jpg

DSCN2158.jpg

DSCN2159.jpg

DSCN2160.jpg

DSCN2161.jpg

DSCN2162.jpg

DSCN2163.jpg
  2. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats on the Vespa Mrs Sat!

The Vespa showroom seems to be designed very well.

54 kmpl! :eek:

Awesome mileage! The maximum I've ever got on my scooter is 49 kmpl. Do update the mileage of the Vespa on this thread.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  3. Service workshop was impressive and I liked the convenience part where I can keep my helmet and the vehicle documents in a safe locker and don't have to carry with me.

DSCN2172.jpg

DSCN2173.jpg

DSCN2174.jpg

DSCN2175.jpg

DSCN2176.jpg

DSCN2177.jpg

DSCN2178.jpg

DSCN2179.jpg

DSCN2180.jpg

DSCN2181.jpg

DSCN2182.jpg

DSCN2183.jpg

DSCN2184.jpg

DSCN2185.jpg

DSCN2186.jpg

DSCN2187.jpg

DSCN2188.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

DSCN2189.jpg

DSCN2190.jpg

DSCN2191.jpg

DSCN2192.jpg

DSCN2194.jpg

DSCN2196.jpg

DSCN2197.jpg

DSCN2198.jpg

Presenting my Italian Master Piece --- VESPA

DSCN2199.jpg
    6 people like this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    congrats on the vespa Mrs Sat :) we would love to see its pictures also here. Nice to know that Sat is an auto journalist!

Now you too have an italian boyfriend just your husband's italian girlfriend :p
    5 people like this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice review, and seems you are equally knowledgeable like Sat-Chit-ananda.

Congrats and enjoy the ride.
    2 people like this.
  6. Pics are posted in the above thread.Blue one is my Vespa.
    I have driven just 23kms since yesterday,too early to talk about mileage.Shashi seems to be getting 47kmpl within city and 55kmpl when he drove his Vespa from Bangalore - Ooty.

Brake lever seems to be harder,doesn't give much of feedback.Can't carry LPG cylinders as there is less space.
    Headlight is like a car headlight,directly connected to battery.The key lock mechanism is little different and sure it will take time to get used to it.
    Handle bar seems to be little heavy.Vespa folks have promised to losen it in the first service.
    Something that surprised me is their service policy in which 1st,3rd,5th and 7th services are free and 2nd,4th,6th and 8th services are paid.
    3 people like this.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congratulations. That's a nice showroom + service area.

I saw one on the road the other day and it surely is not a run-of-the-mill scooter. It does stand out. But hey, it's Italian so it has to. :)

Cheers.
    3 people like this.
  8. Thank You.Yes we have 2 Italians @ home which compliment each other.

Pics are loaded and the last three are mine.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Congrats for vespa probably the first one in this forum. Does vespa gives mixed colour combination at front as option or it is for demo purpose only?
    Showroom looks very neat and clean.
  10. Thanks for the compliment.I am his helper most of the times when he does DIY service @ home.
    He keeps doing most of the fix the problem kind of services to his friend's 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers.
    Although I don't understand more than what is tangible and I am quite a professional in cleaning Punto's airfilter and interior.:)

Thank you all for giving me some space in sharing my moment of joy.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Those different color are of plastic part that can be swapped,yes they do customize it as per your requirement but I did not inquire specifically not sure whether it is part of the on the road price or extra.
    4 people like this.