1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Very Hard Power-Steering & Gear-Shifting (ODO : 7200 km & Car-age : 4+ years)

Discussion in 'Technical' started by er.shreyasmehta@gmail.com, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Folks,

I had given my car for servicing with certain complaints like Very Hard Power-Steering & Gear-Shifting ...

Solution from service-center that has not worked at all : Insulators and oil coolant are being replaced but with zero improvement. Problem still persists.

Now the service center folks are telling that they can't do anything more than this. Entire assembly of Gear-Shifting and Power-Steering should be changed if I want the smoothness back.

If a car is very well maintained and ran hardly 7200 kms. in 4+ years then should it’s Power-Steering & Gear-Shifting assembly get replaced – there is no better cost effective solution for it from FIAT’s side ?

Does it mean that after every 3-4 years every FIAT customer will have to get the Power-Steering, Gear-Shifting assembly (and many other core machineries) replaced ? I have never ever heard this in any other car manufacturing company. tomorrow I might hear from FIAT that my car’s engine should get replaced because the car has completed 5 years !! -- pathetic customer service experience :thumbs down
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Hi, welcome to TFI

I will advice you to check into some other FASS as well. The one which have good reviews from our members. Please look into the corresponding thread and decide.
    Hope your problems gets resolved.

3. Hi Abhishek,

The problem is that there is no other FIAT Service Center or Dealer in RAJKOT, Gujarat where I need to get my car's issues resolved.

Neither does FIAT INDIA properly respond on this.

Hence I am trying to reach out all other ways to rectify the issues.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Oh, I replied as per your location shown here. We have details of Fiat CRM - Mr. Mangesh in the respective section. Try contacting him if haven't yet; He is very helpful, I have heard.
    All the Best!!
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

Check your transmission oil levels.
    Also check if there is any sort of damage or leaks in reck and pinnion.
    2009-10 era cars with low mileage has shown break downs in reck and pinion, leading to oil leakage..causing hard steering and even pump failures.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Hard gear shifting could be because of issues with the clutch master cylinder. Did they check that?