1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Very Hard Geat Shifting...

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Naughty, May 23, 2012.

1. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    But they said if Fiat is not ready to take it under warranty and on that If I decide not to change the said parts then also I have to make the payment of Rs.1300 as labor charges... Just to open and closing that assembly... moreover they frighten me saying if you carry on this state of clutch assembly then it would later on lead to breakage of clutch wire and what not... where only clutch wire is costing Rs.7500...

Your expert input will definitely be great help to me and will talk to them in that line... I am just waiting for his confirmation on whether have they considered it under warranty or not? If they dont, then will surely shoot mails as mentioned by you...

Thanks once again and requesting you to keep extending your support...

Neel
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Naughty there is no clutch wire in Fiat's. They have hydraulic clutches and use brake fluid to function.
    If your clutch is not slipping and have got hard it should be covered under warranty. I hope you had tried bleeding clutch first before opening the clutch assy.
  3. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Very Hard Gear Shifting..

I am sorry for ignorance and may be my question is silly for you all experts... but I have no idea what does it mean by "bleeding Clutch" ???

I have not tried anything...faced a problem, sensed it delicate issue related to engine and went to TASS...:(

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Clutch is not hard though... Gear Shifting is Hard... compared to other 3 cars in my family Fiat's clutch is hard but I think thats how FIAT's clutch is since beginning... It has always been hard, no noticable change in clutch....

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Horror Continued...

Just received a call from Supervisor from TASS... He said, front right hand side Axle's boot (Some rubber part over Axle connecting to bearing) is cracked... He said it works to hold the Lubricant(grease)... as its cracked, grease leaks out and Bearing becomes dry and it will destroy as time passes... I asked him to how much that rubber part would cost me... He said fiat doesn't provide that rubber part individually and I have to buy whole Axle new and that would cost me Rs.6500 + Tax... I am so passionate about Fiat and my Car... This is leading me to start hating at least Fiat if not my car...

What these guys are upto ??? Its just because we not technically sound, do they take us for ride? I have never experienced any problem in that wheel till now, How would i know if that was really damaged? If that damaged part is really my car's? Is it possible that while opening it, mechanic would have damaged it and now they want me to pay for the mistake they have committed? Or may be its not damaged at all but just want to fool me around as they know I am too particular about my car and want it always up-to-date...

Whether it is actually damanged or not but now as they have put it in my mind that its damaged, I wont be able to live with it... My subconscious mind would always keep wondering on it.... :uh

huh :thumbs down
    [/COLOR]:anyone ....................

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

final Figure he has given me is Rs.8080. :confused:

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

:oops::oops::thumbs down:thumbs down I have given my car to TASS at 10:30 in the morning... in the whole day he still could not find out that whether they will cover it under warranty or not ???:A

And now he will keep the car with them for tonight and will think about it tomorrow.... :oops:

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

:oops::oops::thumbs down:thumbs down I have given my car to TASS at 10:30 in the morning... in the whole day he still could not find out that whether they will cover it under warranty or not ???:A

And now he will keep the car with them for tonight and will think about it tomorrow.... :oops:
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
  4. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    They still were sleeping till today afternoon... no confirmation from'em about warranty cover... I was missing my car so badly... moreover problem I face in day to day commuting in this 43 degree centi. was unbearable... I decided to pay the TASS for time being to get my car back and will keep the issue on for warranty cover... I also shot the mails to Rajeev.Kapoor and also Mangesh Kodalkar... they replied immediately withing say 5 - 10 mins and they have handed over my case to their Fiat Regional Co-ordinator Himanshu Patel and also gave me his mobile number for further assistance....

Lets see what happens... will keep you updated.

Neel.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Hi Puntosat.
    What was the solution you had to fix the issue>?Please let me know.
  6. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    They have changed the whole Clutch Assembly and charged Rs.7500 for that... They have rejected my claim to cover under warranty...

They dont cover it under warranty if its worn out or Burnt (as mentioned in the extended warranty booklet & even on the claim application form)... but still they rejected my claim saying.... Hard Clutch and gear shifting is not the failure of Clutch assembly and hence can not be covered under warranty...

I have followed all the service schedule provided by them... always topped up all the lubricants or consumable they have asked me to go for... even followed few of the service checkup camps and had talks with FIAT's flying doctors... and even after that if my clutch is giving up in just 25000 km and its neither burnt nor worn out(impossible in 25000 Km) then who is responsible for that? is it me or TASS or FIAT parts?

I own 3 other cars apart from this FIAT (Though FGP has been my favourite)... a Hyundai, a Maruti and a Chevy... on chevy we are done little over 30000 Km and on other 2 we are done approx 50000 Km... still no major issues in either of those. Not even brake pads. On FGP they have changed the clutch assembly and did not consider my claim for warranty, Brake pads are done... and on Front R/H side boot on the axle is gone and they dont provide that boot as an individual part and have to go for the whole Axle Assembly which costs Rs.6500 + Tax... I have heard many people complain about the interior quality and fit & finish of FIAT... I decided to live with it thinking that they are offering the best of the quality under the hood... but are they really?

We(including me) have always been bullying other car brands and boasting about FIAT and how FIAT is superior than other brands... but after this incident, They have made me rethink about it... I am just not ready to accept the fact that a clutch assembly can give up in just 25000 Km....

Probably many of you will not support me now for my harsh words against FIAT... and if I was one of you, me too would have not liked to hear these Harsh words for FIAT.. But you will understand only when you will be in this situation and face the bullshit answers they give...

My fight with FIAT india is still on and will not give up on it as I think I am right on my side...

Hope you guys can understand me....

Neel :oops::thumbs down:A

And yah... I am Still as passionate about my FGP as I was and still love her as much as I was... Its just TASS and FIAT India has not given me justice and I am upset with them...
  7. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Few Pics... on which experts here can discuss....

5567 (2).JPG 5567 (3).JPG 5567 (4).JPG 5567 (6).JPG 5567.JPG
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Sorry to hear about your plight Neel, Whatever your dealer has quoted above is total bull. I've changed to the Boot only and doesn't warrant a complete drive shaft change. The boot costs only 300 INR and change it all four ends now, it's worth paying for the boots rather than changing the drive shafts. I'll add my thread here for more details

Ok here's the link to my thread. This should give an idea about the boot shaft, regarding the Clutch since it's a wear and tear part I don't think any manufacturer would entertain a warranty. However if it's not a burnt clutch I think Fiat should change it on goodwill basis. I would think it's the dealer who is playing spoil sport here rather than Fiat themselves. Did you take the car to any other service center before signing up for the change?
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    OMG :shocked

Teky... Thanks a ton bro... Your thread was a great help to me...

I just fail to understand that What does these Jerks are upto ??? They make us change the whole drive shaft just for worth Rs.300 part ??? They make us spend Rs.6500 + Tax instead of replacing that part worth just Rs.300 :eek: Moreover y'day he again warned me saying... you are not getting your drive shaft changed and we have mentioned it in the report that the boot is broken, so now on if any problem persist related to drive shaft and coz. of that the bearing fails.. then your claim wont be considered valid... :eek:

WTF is it?

I mean... this is just not done... :thumbs down

I am boiling with the anger and dont know what to do with these idiots... exactly same as mentioned by Teky... when we drive our FIAT, we forget all this agony and our FIAT cools us down...

FIAT... plz. listen to us... plz. plz. plz......
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    really sorry to hear a horrid experience with fiat. 25k for a clutch is not at all acceptable. you should have fought more to be covered under warranty. looking at the picture i guess its aspi motors. and changing the axle and not boot is simply not done. firstly only the boot can be changed and if at all the axle is damaged tell them to cover under warranty. no axle gives away so early. and i still ask you to fight for the clutch to be covered under warranty and ask them to return your money.
    if this is how fiat handles their customers i am sure one day all the fiat fanboys will also turn to other brands. poor very poor.
    i think every linea punto on the road today must have experienced hard clutch, hard gear shifts and some even breakdowns. its clear they put below average parts in their cars. lets admit it. and you naughty make a big issue of it and ask for your money back. we dont earn to be cheated by these cheats.
    2 people like this.