1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Very Hard Geat Shifting...

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Naughty, May 23, 2012.

1. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Friends...

By any chance, anyone has any idea about Hard Gear Shifting? Whenever I put my car in reverse gear, it makes noise "Khataakk"... and gear shifting is too hard... sometimes on the roll also gear stick just refuses to get in 2nd or 3rd gear... I have take my foot off from clutch and and have to let it roll and press it again and then i have to try again to shift the gear.

As I have done only 25000 Km on my FGP 1.3 MJD Emotion and I had taken extended warranty at the time of buying, so I went to TASS - Aspi Motors, Ahmedabad for this issue.

Supervisor told me that it seems your clutch gas kit is gone. It may or may not be covered under extended warranty and It costs 8000 + Tax. What kind of answer is that? he doesnt know if it can be covered under warranty or not? For what is he supervisor than? He said...Even if they consider warranty on this, for the moment I have to make the payment and they will reimburse me after 3-4 months :eek: as normal warranty is under FIAT company and in that case you get immediate reimbursement but this extended warranty is with UNITED Insurance and they take long... Is it possible? I have not seen any insurance company to take that long in making reimbursement??

If they refuse to consider it under warranty and on that if I decide not to get it changed from them, than also I have to pay Labor charges Rs.1300.

In the extended warranty booklet its mentioned that - Clutch pressure plate, clutch disc, release bearing, master and slave cylinder (Failure due to worn or burnt clutches is not covered)... that what has confused me even further.

:anyoneis there anyone who can help me with this? Is anyone sure about it being considered under extended warranty, so on that basis i fight with them for the warranty.

You valuable inputs would be great help to me to fight for my hard earned approx Rs.9000.

Neel.
  2. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    I had this problem in new car..within 1000kms..infact it was a pin shifting to 5th gear on highways...

Now I don't see such issue..its butter smooth..around 5k kms
  3. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    I should say, you are lucky... you got it rectified as it was just 1000 Km and may be few days or months only. for me its almost over 2.5 yrs but just 25000 Km.

I can understand braking pads getting worn out and getting it change as well... but Clutch kit failing in 25000 Km is really bad.
  4. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Hi , a week back I also got my clutch assembly changed . My car odo was at 40k kms and unfortunately I had to pay for it . The problem u facing is definitely of clutch . Well just cross check from various dealers , I think before 30k kms clutch can be replaced under warranty though probability is less as clutch is counted as normal wear and tear part like brake pads .
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
  5. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    How much did they charge you? Can you also let me know the breakups? if not exact - atleast approx charges?

Neel

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

How much did they charge you? Can you also let me know the breakups? if not exact - atleast approx charges?

Neel
  6. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Yes , the bill came out to be 7500 but I paid 6500 owing to the discount dealer offered me . But boss the clutch has become feather light and the car has become a beast . A hell lot of difference in pick up after changing the clutch .
  7. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    He has given me the estimate of Rs.8000 + Tax... :hit
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    did you guys try with kava if they can ship the clutch assembly, you can always get it fixed elsewhere.
    I'm guessing it will be cheaper from kava
  9. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    I have not checked with Kava... I have another source in Baroda from whom I get all other stuff like rear wipers, Logo Emblem, Break Pads and almost everything... I have asked him to courier brake pads and I am getting it done from outside... but regarding this clutch assembly, I thought I should get it done from Company's Authorised Dealer only as it has directly to do with the engine and thought it would be risky to get it done from outside... Now as you mentioned, I think i should have looked for better mechanic outside and would have got it done from outside, surely would have saved quite some money on it...
  10. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @naughty, something is wrong. Log a complaint about this issue at FIATs toll free customer care no. You'll get feedback for your complaint within 72hrs.

About hard shift, it might be your pressure plate in fault. Ask directly to check pressure plate & if not then whole clutch kit assy.

Pressure plate is definately covered under warrenty. If one perticular TASS is refusing the replacement, try other tass. Shoot mails to FIAT officials. We have contacts thread for it on our forum.