1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vento bursts into flames

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Torpedo, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    hmm, its a proven fact now that it can happen with any car. a single power wire if gets shorted with body or some other wire , it causes havoc in micro-miliseconds.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is very scary. Is there any emergency Fire Safety kit available for cars? Just thinking about it to have a kit permanently kept in the car's boot.
  4. we can always have the small fire extinguisher which the cabs generally have in the left side of the dashboard...
    but i will suggest everyone to keep one pointed hammer beneath the driver's seat..
    i alwqays keep it
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Scary.

I wonder if the car was bone stock or carrying some modifications to its electrics ( Aftermarket ICE etc).
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i nearly escaped a similar situation :) i always keep a cease fire in all my cars.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    IL, can you throw some light on this? What is the size of the cease fire and where do you place it in your car?
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thank god Mr. Gupta is fine.....
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    This is one of the reasons I shun central locking in all my cars. My previous car was a top end Santro. I got the central locking disconnected. I have heard horror stories with the central locking especially in cases of accidents and the occupants are injured and the vehicle locks up. Even during floods short circuiting is possible. Recently on a highway near chennai a Honda city caught fire and the occupant coudnt come out and was charred.

My friend was robbed near loyola college at night as all doors were open and an intruder entered and robbed him at knife point . No one could see and help as the car had a high tint glass.

So conveneince is not always safe

Abdul
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    If electrical safety is followed strictly with proper rated fuse and specified cable ,this can be very much prevented unless the battery explodes (rare case)

I dont know about India but place where I work Fire extinguisher are mandatory in every vehicle .IMO there should be rule in Indian Bible too which nobody follows.