1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

VENT(O)ed out because I needed a (T)JET

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by tjetdriver, Nov 25, 2010.

1. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    The first service usually revolves around checking general health of the car, top up the fluids and address other concerns of the car owner. Nothing much.
    In earlier cars, the run in period usually had high fuel consumption due to a rich fuel mixture and that was regulated bu tweaking carburetor(and that was done in first service). But in processor controlled cars the air mixture can be controlled by computer programs..... so there may be a possibility that there would be some checking of the engine control unit. But when you read the 5000 KM service coupon all you will see are some visual checks and fluid top ups listed. Nothing much.

The fuel consumption is high during the run in because the engine block is new...it takes more fuel to be burnt to produce desired output. And usually people floor the accelerator during that time...because they don't seem to be getting desired power.So the consumption goes up....Thus its advisable to just relax and control your urge to floor it ...during the run in period....as it may damage vehicles engine and will have you crying for low fuel efficiency. I remember driving with an egg between my foot and accelerator pedal during the run in period for my Palio and believe me I did that for 2000KM...and since then I have faced no problem......the car has done 80,000KM plus... without any problems.....
  2. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Hello Guys,
    Went to the service center today - Prerana, Peenya. I met the Works incharge Daniel and they hooked up to their analysis computer or something and they rectified my Odometer blinking problem. They said it was something like a setting issue in the ECU i guess. The guy seemed knowledgable and helpful and the service station is good.

Also there was some squeak noise which is not completely gone but i guess it is manageable till the first service.

So a little less than 2000 kms to go for the first service.
  3. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Ok one more visit to the Service Station today !!!!

From past 1 week there was a very audible noise from the back of the car. it was more whenever the road was uneven or there was a rolling of the car due to bad roads or sometimes at low speeds when i put my foot on the clutch. Today took to the service station, I told him to test drive but the service advisor was confident and said no need, did something and the sound was still there. took him and service technician for a drive and showed them. they put the car on the lift and then the bolt of the turbo charger was loose and because of that the sound was coming. i cannot question whether that is true or not but the sound is gone !!

With the last fill of petrol my mileage stands excatly at 11.0 km/l.

I have a question - how many liters will be there once the low fuel indication starts coming? I remember the capacity is 50 liters. I normally drive 50 kms after the indication has come. and whenever i have filled up the max it has gone is 42 liters. so still 8-10 liters will be there in the car ????
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Normal Punto (45 L capacity), its 7 lt. So if Linea has 50L, it should be in 8-9 L range.
  5. Linea tank capacity is 45 litres, right ?
  6. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    45 makes more sense actually !!!
    but baleno itself had 50 liters.. 45 is less for a bigger car ;-)
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Yup Linea and Tjet both have the same 45 ltr capacity.
  8. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Past 2 days completed almost 600+ kms. It was a fully loaded car with 5 adults in the car. AC through out.
    2 days of spirited driving. did not push hard too.. took it to max of 4500 rpm in almost all the gears. touched 160 kmph for a 1 km. otherwise was easily going at 120-140 without effort. the average speed was about 70 kmph. well the mileage was 11.2 kmpl :).

I tried a very sedate driving for about 20 kms by maintaining below 2000 rpm and being at 60-65 kmph and the i have a feeling the mileage will zoom up. it should close to 15. But whats the point, eh ??

Few points
    1) Just love the acceleration. from 100 to 160, it went just like that.
    2) A lorry suddenly changed lanes and had apply the brakes and the stop was almost instant and luckily for me, no vehicles behind me.
    3) There were a few road humps/pot holes and not even one scraped.
    4) Like the feature of volume increasing as speed increases
    5) A few squeak noise here and there.

As of now it stands at 4505 kms. 2 weeks aways from the first service. Not even completed 3 months.
  9. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Taken an appointment tomorrow with prerana, peenya for the first service. 5000 kms in 3 months and 7 days !!!!!
    no major complaints as such. a few squeaks noise and and one plastic part near the left front rear view mirror to be replaced.

after this service, planning to get it dressed up. there are 2 guys(IT professionals) who have started an exterior detailing.they come and do personally. amazing end result. i guess they have some detailing photos on facebook. will get it paint protected and some of the scratches will be gone.
  10. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    good to hear you are happy with the TJET.
    I wish FIAT market it properly. Even now its not too late.