1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

VENT(O)ed out because I needed a (T)JET

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by tjetdriver, Nov 25, 2010.

1. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Came back from the pondicherry trip !!
    Totally covered about 850 kms on the T-Jet !!
    As someone has mentioned in one of the forums, this car is for the highway!!

Few highligts:
    1) Touched 160, though only for a few kms. Did not feel any difference, could have easily pushed more but did not feel ;-)
    2) Took some curves(not the ghat types, but the ones on the highways) at 120-130. handled well.
    3) The acceleration is quite good on the 5th also, if you push the pedal hard.
    4) On good roads the mileage i got was about 14. The speed maintaned was between 80-100. (took the krishnagiri, vellor, kanchi, thinidvanam, pondy route)
    5) On the way back on the bad road got a mileage of about 11.6. The average speed would have been around 40. For about 100 kms, every 3 kms is virtual stop to negotiate the potholes.
    6) The ODO stands at 2300 kms.. 700 kms to go for the first service.
    7) On the bad roads there is some squeak noise near the left front door and near the rear right door.

Overall it felt a very safe car to drive at high speeds. In my previous car(Baleno) I somehow felt otherwise at speeds above 120.
    Fantastic car..no regrets whatsoever !!!!!!
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Nice to know you are enjoying the car to the max. I too had similar experience driving Accent beyond 120 and Swift Dezire > 100KPH. Palio 1.2 @ 140 still a stable one ;)
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

@tjetdriver - i felt exactly the same with my Jet when i went to rajasthan. The only exception being the Efficiency, it was a bit higher. Else it feels so stable even at speeds like 160. At 100-120 it seems ur driving at 40-50. I second ur opinion, Fantastic car, no regerets whatsoever :)
  4. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Can anyone please tell me the service cycle for a T-Jet ??
    I remember someone mentioning it is 5000 kms here but the dealer said 3000 kms. I am almost near 3000 kms.
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

First service is 3000km and subsequent intervals are 5K.
  6. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    that is for regualar 1.4 i guess.. for t-jet it is changed..
    3K or 5K first and then every 15K
    tjet owners, pls confirm !!
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    the service interval should show in mid dispaly just fiddle with it. and of course it does remind you when it is due..
  8. mat46

Happy New year @tjetdriver,

The first free service for a TJet is 5000 kms or 6 months. It is just a service, no oil change etc. needed, at this point.
  9. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    I concurr to that....5000km or 6 months it is for the t-jet. And by the way service reminder is set for 15K kms only, no intimation at 5K.

But guys can I have an expert answer from some1 on my question?? - What do they do in first service that would improve the FE and performance as commented by all??? They dont even change the engine oil.

Some1 please throw some light on this.
  10. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    In highways i got about 12 and 14.. depending on how good the roads were..
    now back to bangalore roads it is 10....

adutt - even i am not sure.. but everyone says after 1st service it will improve and am so hoping for it.

it definately improved in my i10.. it is an automatic and i was getting about 8.. after 2 service and they tuned for FE in the second service.. now getting about 12.