1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

VENT(O)ed out because I needed a (T)JET

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by tjetdriver, Nov 25, 2010.

1. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    That becomes a 3rd T-Jet with "LEFT LEANING". I hope it is a not a feature ;)
    If it is a wheel alignment problem, then we may have to get it shown soon. I called up the dealer, he mentioned as per PDI the wheel alignment would have been done. But I will get it checked locally and then update.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

My Punto always show this "communist" tendency when ever I take my hand off the steering wheel. But was a little confused as several members pointed out that this could be due to the natural slope of the road.
    Last Sunday I got to a stretch of road that was very flat and when I took my hand off the steering wheel, the car went straight with no tendency to wander for a good 150-200m before the road curved and I had to take control again.
    So I would suggest to try this over different road stretches before coming to a conclusion.
  3. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    I have been observing that when the cabin is pin drop silent and going on a highway

1) There is a "wind" noise from the driver's window. I had observed it in the TD vehicle too.
    2) There is a very faint humming noise.

Any T-Jet owners observed this ????
  4. mukulh

mukulh Timido

Navi Mumbai
    Their is wind noise for sure at higher speeds. though not sure whether it comes from any particular window
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

That wind noise is the result of wind gushing past ORVM on the door,will be present in all FIAT cars.My reasoning is that if ORVM had been plased in first quarter glass the noise could have been minimalized,probably FIAT gave more imporatnce to style/form over function
  6. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi

:lol: Well said tjetdriver.
    I also noticed the left leaning issue on my SBB t-jet plus the very first day....but realized later that it was the road that was causing it. On a straight road it is fine. Though i am still keeping a close watch and making a to do list for my ASC when the car goes for first service.

Somehow i also feel vibrations on some rough roads, in fact i feel everything the tyre feels through the steerring (maybe its the HPS feedback). Though all is well on a amul butter road. Michelins would have done wonders to this machine, i now feel i should have gone for an upgrade immediately. Tyres are 800km old now.

But overall the car is amazing..no issues at all.
  7. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Checked the Left leaning on a straight road and found it is going straight. No leaning on eitherside. I feel sometimes the ride on a rough or mud road is bumpy. Could be due to the tyre pressure which may be set for a full load. Now most of the times I drive alone.
  8. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    wind noise is definitely present in linea. my cars starts whistling after 80 while my uncle's diesel linea starts hissing at 50 only. :mad:
    good that you have a faint humming noise my car feels like a sports car at higher speeds. humming from the wheel bearing i guess.
  9. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Today got the Sun Film installed.
    Sides and Rear - 3M CS 20 - comes with 3 year warranty
    Front windshield - 3M CR70 - comes with 5 year warranty

Looks Good !! I wanted to put the CS35, put the accessories guy talked me out into putting CS20 though the price was same. Paid about 9K for both.
  10. aks_karthik

aks_karthik Novizio

Nope the wind noise is coming from ORVM's.it can be heard from front passenger seat too .
    it comes only at higher speed as wind is going through the tunnel between ORVM and the car.