Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by tjetdriver, Nov 25, 2010.
Kaps...really interested to know how. What am i missing???
Tjet congratulations for Fighter Jet & welcome to TFI. Waiting for pics of your precious car.
@adutt. I had met with an accident. There were two instances actually. In one the damage was to bonnet and LS head lamp. In other one, a biker deep scratched from right front bumper along both doors to right rear fender. I was told that due to insurance taken at Concorde, processing will be done by them and both claims can be made. On a total bill of 35K, I had to spend 3K which included processing fee for both claims and cost of sundry plastics. I did not have to meet any agent and pacify him for processing the claim; this I feel was the biggest advantage.
I have renewed my insurance again through Concorde and it will be honored at any Tata dealership nation wide due to tie up between Tata and New India Assurance :clap .
The D day had arrived. Went to the showroom in the afternoon. As soon as i entered the Sunbeam biege was there standing. It was ROYAL !! I had not seen the color before I booked. I had seen the City in a similar color, but this looked much better on the Linea. Browsed the car from all angles. Since i had not had the time to do a PDI i did some then. Then did all the paper work. But the worst part was - There Was NO owner's manual or service booklet. There was no extended warranty card too. According to the guys, none of the T-Jet cars that came to their center had those. They said it will take about 2-3 weeks.
Took the car out and went for a short drive to the petrol station for the usual "5" liters that the dealer fills it up. Dropped back the SR and went sis's place and then to a temple for the pooja. After the pooja drove back home. It was incident free but the excitement was more, so did not notice any aspect related to driving. Went home and slept a content man!!
Took the car out to the nearest Shell to fill it. On the way observed that the car was moving towards the left when i leave the steering wheel. thot it to be a wheel aligment/balancing issue and I still have not yet got it rectified. On the way back saw a few people turning their heads as i zoomed past and one particular fellow in a Santro came followd on the pretext of having a closer look.
Cleaned the already cleaned car, just for satisfaction !! Took it for a drive with family and came back. My son just wants to be in the car always.
First Day to office in the new car. The usual looks, admiration, "small" rounds, etc etc...
So far done about 155 kms. When i took the car from dealer it was 33 kms. So not driven much for comprehensive reports.
What I liked:
1) The Sunbeam biege color really looks awesome. Never expected it to look so good.
2) The feel of the steering and the hydraluic power steering.
3) The POWER.. alebit after 2000 rpm
4) Interiors gives one a premium feel. The plastics are improved to the previous Linea and Beige leather interiors adds a lot to the premium feel.
5) The rear windshield has a Sun protection screen. I have not seen anyone mentioning about it.
6) Solid Build.
7) The 16" alloys with a 205/55 profile tyres. They look huge and gives considerable weight to the look,especially from the front.
8) Rear seats are quite comfortable and enough for 3 adults.
9) The clutch is smooth, so unlike the palio's, petra's I had driven.
10) Suspension is good, missed a few road humps and the passengers did not feel much.
11) Braking is immediate !!
What I disliked:
1) A 10.8L comes with no mats. The free mats that the dealer gives is a waste. Fortunately I bought the fabric mats.
2) The Linea mud flaps. Does not look great, but for TINA factor. Spoke to the Fait accessories guy and according to them the moulded mud flap may come in 2-3 months.
3) The gear shift is a little differnt from the other cars, am not getting better way to explain. But i guess needs more time to adjust.
4) The turning radius is a issue for me, especially coming from a Baleno !!!
5) The good year tyres, was hoping for a Apollo Accelere at least.
What i would have liked to be there:
1) A choice of colors for upholstry
The other general obervations so far:
1) There is a slight turbo lag mostly in the second gear. need to push the pedal hard to get the "T" power. For normal bumber to bumper traffic it should not be a issue. The gear shift pattern can be adjusted to reduce the turbo lag.
So far it has been a seemless transition from a MAruti Baleno to a Fiat Linea T-Jet !!! Will post the pics once my camera battery is charged and will update this post on new observations and experiences.
Must say nice to read your experience, almost similar with all new car owners.
Enjoy the car, do take some nice snaps and share with us.
Posting some pics. Not the great ones but manageable i guess !!! :mrgreen:
Grreeaat car man, enjoy your drive!!!
Wow!! the excitement I can feel.. Enjoy your drive!!
and Drive Safe.
Congrats on your purchase. I too have Tjet+ SBB and noticed similar problem that the car was moving towards left. I got the wheel alignment/balancing checked and the service station guys swapped the tyres. Even the steering wheel if kept perfectly staringht the car goes towards right. This I believe is a steering wheel alignment problem and the staff told me that I can get it rectified when I bring the car for 1st service.
Can you please check if your car goes towards left even when the road is banked on right side (e.g. on turns) or when you drive on the wrong side of the road. This is because the service team told me that most road have little slope on the left hence the car tends to go left. Now my car goes towards right on right-banked roads or when road has slope on right. (Earlier it did not..always went to the left side). Someone else on this group had posted a similar problem in his Linea (not sure about the name). Would be great if we can get some update from his as well.
My Car (T Jet) is moving towards left when I leave the steering wheel. Thought it was due to the little slope in the road. Will try to check once again on an open road and revert.
Separate names with a comma.