1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

VENT(O)ed out because I needed a (T)JET

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by tjetdriver, Nov 25, 2010.

1. pvsuryap

pvsuryap Amatore

Hyderabad
    BTW ... I have to buy an insurance tomorrow.. I have 25% NCB from my old car and I wanted to get the best deal out of it.
    Can you tell me which features in AIG you opted for? This will help me make a decision.

Thanks,
    Surya
  2. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore
    Congrats and welcome aboard :)
  3. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    Congrats !!!! You will get a true taste of FIAT now and you would just fall in love with it. I can already see another FIAT fan in the making. To reduce the skepticism in your thoughts (if any about ASS), let me tell you FIAT fans just buy FIAT for the product and are happy to manage with the debatable ASS.

YOU WOULD STILL LOVE YOUR POSSESSION !!!!!

My T-JET is a successor to my 7 yr old Palio...which is going strong even now. IMO barring a few niggling issues here or there FIAT does put quality where it matters in the car.
  4. ...Can't agree more...
    So true..! and that is why a Fiat customer gradually becomes a Fiat Fan.
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Congratulations on your choice tjetdriver.

I feel even these niggles are over hyped. I have seen other manufacturers' vehicles with similar problems and the owners carrying on without a word of complaint. :irked
  6. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    I did not negotiate much on the Insurance. called a few companies
    Future - 26400(thru dealer)
    bajaj - 27000
    icici - around 25000(but he did not have the tjet in his Database)
    new india - 29000
    tata aig - 23000. It was the best deal. also the local Tata Aig offered me quote of 21200 if i paid entirely by cash. But i like the interest free 6 month EMI provided by tata aig if taken thru telephone. so i opted for it. the standard comprahensive package along with the NCB waiver for the next year's insurance.
  7. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Hi Madhukar

Saw your thread is locked on TBHP. Congrats on getting jetted. About insurance, I found the hard way how beneficial it is to get the insurance from the dealer itself.
  8. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    How was that Kaps, would be interested to know !!!
  9. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    I got it from the dealer....not sure if it was really beneficial. I think i would have got a better cover with TATA AIG - I got to know later they cover even the key (if it is lost) and a 0% debt insurance i.e. you just have to pay Rs.500 as excess clause....rest all is covered. Even the bumper is covered 100%.

I was getting the TATA AIG 0% debt insurance for Rs.25000....donno why i still went for the dealer provided insurance. Mine is now from TMI (Tata motors Insurance - which all TATA dealers try to sell you) - in this policy third party risk is taken care by ICICI Lombard and rest of the risk is covered by TMI brokers. Though i paid 25k for this one as well but really unsure what would my experience be in case of an eventuality. Hoping for the best.

Ansal if you have still not committed, i would suggest you to go for TATA AIG 0% debt policy.

The best way to check is to call up a body shop (which i did - Sanya Automobiles - my regular ASS) and ask them about which insurance is the best in terms of risk coverage - the answer I got was TATA AIG 0% debt policy. Im sure going for it next year.
  10. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    already committed mate. Cant change much on that, though i got some discount from the dealer when my dad mentioned we would take insurance from outside.