1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

VENT(O)ed out because I needed a (T)JET

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by tjetdriver, Nov 25, 2010.

1. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Bangalore
    Mine would be 4th tjet to make a trip to ooty last weekend :)
    Loved the way it drives on curvy road while taking the longer road from ooty to mysore.
  2. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    After Effects of the Fiat Free Service:

I had left the car for service on 29th at Prerana. The experience was good enough and also had the opportunity to talk to one Fiat official for close to an hour and we had a good discussion.

I returned home and then my daughter showed me that something has happened. I went and saw that the paint has come off. When i took the delivery of the car in November itself there was some issue at the join. But i guess the pressure wash had aggravated the issue. Pictures are attached.

Also I had a problem with the steering. It was slanted to the right and it was just not comfortable. But i dont know what they did it became worse. I leave the steering eve n for less than a second it just used to turn left.. literally turn left !!

So today I wrote a mail to their works manager and he was good enough to call me within 10 mins and he sent a loaner car and has taken my car from office. They have promised to give the car tomorrow. I hope the problems are resolved.

If i put the same issue on an another forum i am sure there will be about 100 comments on Fiats and its issue ;-)

2011-04-29 17.32.38.jpg

2011-04-29 17.32.46.jpg
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    that is the importance of Fiat.

if any tom dick and hary raise a point, whose going to care.
    but think about celebrities and politicians ,everybody will have a word of criticism.!!!

expectation from fiat is tremendous ,it is just inconvenient situation at present for them that they are not able to make it.
  4. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Got the car. The steering seems to be ok.. but the paint job is sloppy.
    They had painted on the tail lights and all and I had to use my wife's nail polish remover to remove those paint.
    On the affected area too.. the work is not upto the mark. But i guess will have to live with it.
    I am seriously considering moving away from Prerana, Peenya. Any better suggestions - Bangalore guys ???
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For any painting work, Concorde is the best option.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I understand, they have closed the painting facility at Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle. They were referring the paint jobs to Concorde Motors, Mysore Road.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh as per my information, Dairy Circle never had any painting facility, and they used to send all cars to Mysore Road. However, recently they have set-up painting facility at Dairy Circle as well.
  8. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Have anyone tried Aadya Motors.. It is the nearest for me.
  9. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    A small update - 14,000 kms completed. 1K to go to the 2nd service.
    T-Jet is Fantastic to drive. But the mileage aspect is still a issue at least for me. I have not got more than 13.5 to date. 13.5 i got on my recent trip to mantralaya where upto to Gooty, almost empty roads. my average speed read as 100 kmph. the max i touched was 170 for about 4-5 kms. it was fun.
    in city bumper to bumper it is about the mileage is 10.

I found out that my steering was tilted after the 1st service. i had ask the service center to fix but i got it back again without fix. so before my trip to mantalaya went to a wheel alignment guy and he fixed the issue, but he also found out one issue, that the right camber is off by a degree and he told me that it would have happened when i got the car only. he showed my that the front tyres have become smooth on the inner side. will need this to get it fixed. have anyone seen this in their T-jets ???
  10. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Bangalore
    Try Prerana Service center at hosur. I found them to be decent enough though nothing great. KHT in brooksfield is bad (they couldn't diagnose problems in my car correctly)
    I don't find FIAT service centers to be good enough (maybe because I was pampered by Hyundai for my first car).