1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

VENT(O)ed out because I needed a (T)JET

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by tjetdriver, Nov 25, 2010.

1. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Quick update:
    got the car from the 1st free service - 5000 kms.
    i guess it was just a oil top ups, cleaning and general servicing.
    i had asked for a wheel alignment, bcos of the left leaning issue.
    also the cap near front LH rear view mirror has been replaced.

seems fine so far. he tried to sell me for the anti-rust coating. he was charging 4.4K. but did not get it done.
  2. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
  3. Whats the exterior detailing you have mentioned. Sorry if i am missing something...
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Shreyas, exterior detailing means getting the exteriors cleaned, washed, waxed and everything. ::T

@Tjet Driver- Wonderful photos. The T-JET is looking awesome. :)
  5. kool... i know about engine detailing but never heard external detailing so got a bit curious... thnx...
  6. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Yesterday got a chance to TD a 1.6 Polo. One of my friend from US who is returning back wants to buy a Polo 1.6 and I had gone there to book it so that he saves on the waiting period.

Man I was so so so relieved i was driving a T-jet. I pushed and and pushed the accelerator and it was going nowhere.... really really passive engine. it is the same one on vento too.. I guess torque is making all the difference.. because bhp wise it is 115 vs 102 i think...
    people buying vento should just TD the T-jet immediately after their Vento.. and then ask them of their opinion.... if anyone thinks otherwise.. they should not be driving a car but only be chauffeur driven..
  7. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Just came back from a 1 week trip to Bandipur, Ooty, Mysore.
    Was supposed to be a jungle safari to spot tigers..but my 2 and half year old son made it to a fiat safari.. he was quick to spot the punto's and lineas. by the way we spotted 3 different T-Jets
    1) the first one was fox azure blue tjet getting down the kalaty ghat road from ooty.. i was climbing up
    2) the new color bronzo scorro on the bandipur-mudumalai road
    3) tuscan wine near the vikram hospital in mysore..(it was parked)

also saw a lot of linea's and punto's multijets...

coming to the trip -
    total - 680 kms
    average mileage - 12
    best mileage - 13.5 - ooty-mysore
    average speed - 48
    top speed - 130 on mysore-bangalore road

it was fun to drive the tjet as always...

today after the trip, one of tyres pressure was low, so took it to a good year tyre center and there was no puncture....
    while i was there, just got a wheel alignment done because of the slight left leaning which the A.S.S center was supposed to check.. but had not..
    during the alignment he showed me a slight deviation.....he corrected it. But after that i see that the steering wheel is a little slanted. But the left leaning is not there so much now. But when i park the car and tyres are straight then the steering is in the correct position. Is there any problem with this. Do i have to show it again ?? I will try to scan the report and put it here...
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @T-JetPilot- Nice, I have never seen a T-JET in Chandigarh though Punto and Linea have flooded the roads. Hope I get to see one soon.

BTW, what's your opinion regarding driving dynamics, ride and handling of Polo 1.6 vs T-JET? (I know both are from different segment). Some of my friends argue that Polo's suspension is even better than Fiats! (Usually ignorant people reading these things from auto mags)
  9. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Hey Hey Hey.......u saw my JET in chandigarh.....hell u even sat in it :)
  10. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    hey t-jet driver..

A pair of lovely hands done a wonderful job..washing a car is a poetry.kudos to those guys with loving heart