1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vehicle Tracking Systems

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by Italia-Linea, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Hello guys, the intention to start this topic is very simple. I do not ever want to part with my car.
    Having lost one car, insurance rejected, still struggling with the consumer courts makes me go through many nightmares.
    My driver was smashed and at gun point my car was stolen.

From long time i have been thinking on installing a vehicle tracking system that runs on GPS+GSM.
    The beauty of these systems are , they can be triggered via sms to lock or stall the car. Also we can have live co-ordinates of our car on a map, so that we can find out where our car is headed to and inturn be can direct the police of that areas.

some of the players in these markets are Micro VBB. There are some chinese ones being sold on the ebay, but they just tell us the co-ordinates, they dont lock the car. i saw few in US, costing a Bomb.

Please come forward if someone knows a better reliable system that doesnt void warranty and provides best protection.
    If tracking is available not only the vehicle can be found, but also the gang operating the stealing business.
    I want to kill atleast one such person. :punch
    1 person likes this.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
  3. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai
    :eek: What was the location ??.... BTW, just wonder, even if you had the VBB installed, they could have destroyed it by cutting some wires or so...

Another thing, what about insurance ? Whats company response ?

Shashank
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    insurance company rejected the claim, saying driver did commercial taxi type act. case is going against icici lombard- the thieves.
    if vbb is installed first of all they wont come to know its there. and within minutes you can send sms and stop the engine.
  5. sahdk

sahdk Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Today I read a news in Mumbai Newspaper about a guy who could locate his Mahindra Bolero after it was stolen due to Micro VBB installed in his car ??
    I have sought some clarification from Micro VBB including the whether Manufacturers warranty will be void ?? when this euipment is installed. Let me wait for their reply.
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    vehicle tracking systems are offered by Map My India as well. Do check their website. Its the most comprehensive product ive seen in india as of yet
  7. sahdk

sahdk Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    I understand from MapmyIndia websites that they offer GPS tracker only. They will not be useful if the vehicle is under a covered parking lot. GSM trackers requires mobile signal and are more practical. I am an existing SatGuide user and GPS has its own limitations !!
  8. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai
    Hey, have you got any update on the warranty part ?
  9. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A vehicle tracker looks promising considering that in-spite of the immobilizer a car can be stolen at gun point.
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    All Private Sector Insurance providers are notorious. They search small reasons to reject claim. Always go with Public Sector Companies like New India/National Insurance/United etc.

They pass claim without any issue.Public Sector Insurance company pass the claim upto Rs.50000/- without any FIR/Police Case. While private company do not. They insist Police FIR etc.